Best Thrift Shops In Michigan For College Girls

10 Thrift Stores Every College Thrifter From Michigan NEEDS To Visit Over The Holidays

Keep your wallet and closet happy with these hidden gems!

694

I am a huge advocate for shopping secondhand. Buying from thrift stores is better for the environment, for local store owners, and for your wallet. We're so fixated on new things with brand new tags on them when there are super cute and usable clothes right in front of our eyes!

Here are some hidden thrifting gems in Michigan that will be sure to keep your closet full!

1. Closet Overload — Brooklyn

Closet Overload is a small town charm.

This shop is a small little spot in Brooklyn, Michigan that always has a ton of great finds. The shop owner is always there and loves to take your picture to post on the store's Facebook page. What's even better is that if you don't live in town the store's owner will post new items on the store's social media accounts, and if you find something that you can't live without, she will ship it to you!

2. Second Glance Resale Shop — St. Clair Shores

Second Glance is the perfect stop for thrifters in Southeast Michigan. They usually have some awesome brand named items, and I usually find the coziest winter coats there.

3. Community Thrift Store — Clinton Township

This thrift store is bound to stock up your comfy T-shirt and crewneck supply. The size of the store is a bit overwhelming, but with some time and patience, you will run into some great finds!

4. Eldorado General Store — Detroit

This eclectic beauty is a vintage junkie's dream. In addition to thrift clothes, they also have locally crafted decor and jewelry that you'll love. They have the most unique items that are sure to add some funk to your closet!

5. Regeneration Clothing — Clawson

This store has the perfect mix of vintage and modern items. Get your brand-name items, while also picking up something that will take your closet back in time.

6. Plato's Closet — East Lansing

This Plato's Closet is the absolute best. This place is the one-stop-shop to completely restock your closet for any season. It even has name brands like Lululemon and Free People!

7. Lost and Found Vintage — Royal Oak

This cute little shop is the perfect spot to go explore with your gal pals. It has a unique selection and you never know what you are going to find!

8. Style Encore — Shelby Township

This store is my one-stop-shop for all business attire. Style Encore has a large selection of business clothes that will have you feeling fresh and ready to crush your next interview.

9. Boro — Detroit

This Detroit shop is the cutest little hidden gem. They have great clothes with tons of current styles. Not to mention the store has a rad aesthetic that provides the perfect background for your next Instagram post.

10. Studio North — Adrian

Last but not least, Studio North is the best place for any college student. They have the best selection to restock your closet for any semester. As a bonus, they post several outfits a day on their social media so you can see what they might have before you make a trip there.