10 Meredith Grey Quotes For When You Feel Dark And Twisty

Remember he is not the sun - you are.

74

1. Decide.
"So, do it. Decide. Is this the life you want to live? Is this the person you want to love? Is this the best you can be? Can you be stronger? Kinder? More compassionate? Decide. Breathe in. Breathe out & decide." -Meredith Grey

Greys Anatomy Thinking GIF by ABC Network Giphy

2. Speak Up.

"Don't let fear keep you quiet. You have a voice, so use it. Speak up. Raise your hands. Shout your answers. Make yourself heard. Whatever it takes, just find your voice and when you do, fill the damn silence." -Meredith Grey

meredith grey #greysanatomy GIF by CTV Giphy

3. Overcome.
"At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out, they fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So you can waste your life drawing lines... or you can live your life crossing them." -Meredith Grey

GIF by The Paley Center for Media Giphy

4. Pain.
"Pain comes in all forms. The small twinge, a bit of soreness, the random pain. The normal pains we live with every day. Then there's the kind of pain you can't ignore. A level of pain so great that it blocks out everything else... Makes the rest of your world fade away, until all we can think about is how much we hurt. How we manage our pain is up to us. Pain. We anesthetize, ride it out, embrace it, ignore it, and for some of us, the best way to manage pain is to just push through it. "-Meredith Grey

Greys Anatomy Beach GIF by ABC Network Giphy

5. Denial
"We deny that we're tired, we deny we are scared, we deny how badly we want to succeed, and most importantly we deny that we are in denial. We only see what we want to see, and believe what we want to believe, and it works. We lie to ourselves so much that after a while the lies start to seem like the truth. We deny so much that we can't recognize the truth right in front of our faces." -Meredith Grey

greys anatomy love GIF Giphy

6. Good Things.
"We do our very best, but sometimes it's just not good enough. We buckle our seat belts, we wear a helmet, we stick to the lighted paths, we try to be safe. We try so hard to protect ourselves, but it doesn't make a damn bit of difference. Cause when the bad things come, they come out of nowhere. The bad things come suddenly, with no warning. But we forget that sometimes that's how the good things come too." – Meredith Grey

greys anatomy GIF by ABC Network Giphy

7. Storms Pass.
"There's an end to every storm. Once all the trees have been uprooted. Once all the houses have been ripped apart. The wind will hush, the clouds will part, the rain will stop, the sky will clear in an instant. But only then, in those quiet moments after the storm, do we learn who was strong enough to survive it." – Meredith Grey

people love GIF Giphy

8. Where the good goes.

"When we follow our hearts when we choose not to settle. It's funny, isn't it? A weight lifts, the sun shines a little brighter, and for a brief moment, we find a little peace. " – Meredith Grey

greys anatomy lol GIF Giphy

9. Never give up.
"When do you throw in the towel? Admit that a lost cause is sometimes just that? There comes a point when it all becomes too much. When we get too tired to fight anymore. So we give up. That's when the real work begins. To find hope where there seems to be absolutely none at all. "– Meredith Grey

10. Happiness.

"Maybe we're not supposed to be happy. Maybe gratitude has nothing to do with joy. Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appreciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes simply to be human. Maybe we're thankful for the familiar things we know. And maybe we're thankful for the things we'll never know. At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate." – Meredith Grey

GIF by ABC Network Giphy