10 Magical Items From the Wizarding World That We Wish Were Real

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

119
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire film

1. Time Turner

A time turner is a magical object that can transport the user back in time. Although you may not be traveling back to save someone's life like Harry, Ron and Hermione did, there are plenty of other uses! You could definitely re-live that amazing concert, or go back and say the comeback you thought of moments later. Just make sure you don't run into your past self! #awkward

2. Invisibility Cloak

Harry receives this as a gift during his first year at Hogwarts. It is passed down to him, from his father, by Dumbledore. The cloak ends up being one of the Deathly Hallows as well. The possibilities with this are endless! Especially when it comes to freaking people out. Whooooo-oooo a floating head! Oh, the fun I would have...

3. A Portkey

Portkeys are ordinary objects, like a football or a dolphin (AVPM fans??), that are enchanted to transport the user to a particular place. Who wouldn't want a portkey? I think I would use it to get to class faster...meaning I get to sleep in longer. It's a win-win situation.

4. Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder

Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder is used once by Harry (in the movie) when sneaking into the compartment of the train that Draco Malfoy is in. He throws it on the ground and instantly the compartment fills with, well, darkness! Smoke, to be exact. Good for a quick escape in an uncomfortable situation. Or just a fun trick at parties!

5. Deluminator (AKA the Put-Outer)

We first see this in use by Albus Dumbledore, putting out all the streetlights on Privet Drive when he delivers baby Harry to 11 years of hell. This object is perfect for all those times you get in bed and forget to turn off the lights. My roommate and I could have used this a million times freshman year, when we would go back and forth over who was going to get out of bed to turn off the light. The struggle is really real.

6. The Marauders Map

Created by Messrs. Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs, and used for no good by Fred and George, this map shows the location of everyone inside Hogwarts. If this map could be used to look at locations other than Hogwarts, we would be able to tell if our friends really "just left the house" or are still getting ready to go.

7. Sneakoscope

A sneakoscope is used to tell if there is someone close to you who can't be trusted. Although this could lead to drama and potentially unnecessary awkward talks with "friends", at least you can count on being safe while walking alone in the dark!

8. Wizards Chess game

Let's get real, regular chess is boring. But wizards chess is ABSOLUTELY BARBARIC and quite entertaining. Whether it is the normal, average chess game, or a life size one, wizards chess is bound to be enjoyed at parties, meetings, and awkward office Christmas parties. Watch out for flying shards of kings, queens, knights, bishops and other pawns!

9. Skiving Snackboxes

Now that the Weasley's have tested these to absolute perfection, I would buy a box of skiving snackboxes in a second! One end of the treat will cause you to develop some type of illness, such as vomiting or nosebleeds, and the other end will cure it instantly. It's a perfect way to get out of class, or work!

10. Mokeskin Pouch

Remember Harry's mokeskin pouch from the seventh book? No? Well, it was given to him as a gift from Hagrid and could only be opened by the user, AKA Harry. Now, slap an undetectable extension charm (like the one Hermione used on her handbag, pictured above) on this bad boy and sign me up! I would love a bag that could hold all of my stuff, as well as stay protected against thieves wanting to snatch up my money. I imagine these bags would sell like hot cakes!