10 Live Performances That Will Send Chills Down Your Spine

Nothing speaks to your emotions more than a heartfelt, live performance

1753
Tumblr

Music is one of my favorite things in the world. I love a good album, but my favorite way to listen to music is to hear people singing live. No matter how well an album is produced, you just can't capture the vulnerability and truth of a singer's emotions in a pre-recorded track. Here are 10 of my go-to songs that are full of feeling and will leave you with goosebumps.

1. Demi Lovato - "Stone Cold"

I don't think there's a song Demi can't sing or a note she can't hit. Her voice is incredible, and in this performance, the rawness of her voice and the passion she puts into it are captivating.

2. Disturbed - "The Sound of Silence"

I am awestruck by his voice. The depth of the song matches his voice and it is truly breathtaking. Want to think about the reality of the world around you? This performance gets right into your soul.

3. Taylor Swift - "All Too Well"

I have been known to blast this song and scream it at the top of my lungs. It's that powerful. Taylor's performance is a bit better than mine ever are, though. You can see in her face and hear in her voice that she feels strongly about this song, and there's no way you can get through it without getting sucked into its emotion.

4. Adele - "When We Were Young"

Adele is incredible. We all know that. The note she hits during the final chorus will leave you covered in goosebumps.

5. Bella Ferraro - "Skinny Love"

It is impossible to not get chills while watching this performance. The judges are skeptical of her, but then she starts singing and all of their doubts are put to rest. The emotion and relatability of this song make it a ballad for live performances. (Start video at 2:20)

6. Jack's Mannequin - "Swim"

Lead singer Andrew McMahon is actually swimming in the power of this song. He can’t stay seated, he pounds on the keys of the piano, and he is pulsing with belief and identity in this song. If you don’t feel like you can conquer anything after watching this performance, you didn’t actually watch the performance.

7. Dashboard Confessional - "Vindicated"

Not only is this song full of raw emotion and heart, but the way the crowd sings along is eerily powerful. Chills will be sent down your spine.

8. Rachel Platten with cancer patient Jeremiah - "Fight Song"

"Fight Song" with cancer patient Jeremiah is a tear jerker. No way you’ll make it through the video with dry eyes. Just look at the hope in Jeremiah’s eyes and his little smile. Read his story for even more of a reason to cry.

9. "Fight Song" at Radio Disney Music Awards

The live performance of "Fight Song" at the Radio Disney Music Awards is powerful in a different way. The hope that is in Rachel’s eyes and the enthusiasm of the audience is captivating.

10. Sanctus Real - "Whatever You're Doing"

Any time you can't understand what God is doing, the live performance of this song makes your emotions feel so real and understandable. It reminds you that everything is working according to God's plan, even if we can't see the point of it now. (Song starts at 1:23)