10 Lessons Learned From College Midterms

Midterms are the gift the keeps on giving, bad grades that is...

125
Instagram

It's everyone's favorite season of the year- Midterm season! In lieu of this terrible time of the year, here's a list of 10 lessons that midterms can teach us all.

1. If there's one thing that truly brings all college students together, it's a hatred for midterms.

There's no better way to make friends in a class than bonding over that F you both received on the last midterm.

2. Midterms are the armpit of college life: No one likes them. They're gross.

"I love taking midterms!" said no one ever.

3. Going to office hours and studying are crucial.

We all either knew or were that person in highschool who didn't lay a finger on the textbook and still managed to cop an A on the test. Don't get me wrong- highschool wasn't a breeze, but it sure didn't require this much effort.

4. Cs do in fact get degrees.

Aiming for a 70 or above on a midterm isn't exactly the highest standard to have, but it'll get the job done. A C on your GPA isn't the best thing to ever happen, but it certainly is better than failing a class.

5. Sometimes extra help is necessary.

Bombing one midterm is one thing, but bombing three in a row is a whole other. No one likes to ask for help, but sometimes it's important. Hiring a tutor or asking for help can make all the difference and might just boost your grade.

6. Midterms are a slippery slope to tanking your grades.

Does anyone else wonder how lowering a grade is so easy, yet raising it is nearly impossible? Me too.

7. But, it's important to remember just how insignificant they are in the long run.

Will you remember the chemistry midterm you just failed in five years? No!

8. Sometimes the best preparation for a midterm is NOT studying.

No, I'm not saying you should show up hungover/high/rolling balls to your midterm. But, sometimes having fun with your friends and doing things other than studying is a good way to de-stress. Who knows, you might even do better than if you had studied!

9. Yes, there will be more in the future

Midterm season is like an unending cycle of fun without the fun!

10. But we're all in this together.

Every minute, another college student across the country watches their grades plummet just like you! Midterm season is a heartbreaker, but it's comforting to know we're all in it together.