10 Internet Rabbit Holes To Fall Down When You Should Be Doing Anything Else

Sorry to egg on your procrastination.

72

I know I'm not the only one that falls into an endless spiral by clicking again and again on the "Recommended" video on YouTube. Always when it's the least convenient time to slack off, too. If you ever have an abundance of time and feel like purposely chasing the euphoria of being lost on the internet, here are some things to type into the search box and you'll be on your way!

1. Conspiracy theories

The grassy knoll? The moon landing? Lizard people? Catch up on all the latest bizarre claims at YouTube's will.

2. Abandoned amusement parks

This is the one that I went down that inspired me to go write this piece! There are so many fascinating videos out there highlighting the history of some of the happiest places on earth slowly turning into some of the saddest.

3. True crime stories

There's something spooky about learning about some of the most monstrous people to ever walk the earth and the sinister plots they come up with. I will warn you; you may want to lock your doors and turn on the lights for this one.

4. Ghost investigation videos

I think some of these are so funny. When a group of guys go messing around somewhere they definitely shouldn't can be so funny sometimes, but watching people who take it seriously too is pretty fun, not even going to lie.

5. Tik Tok drama

There's something satisfying about hearing about whatever Bryce Hall is in the doghouse for. Makes you feel really good about how good of a person you are.

6. Old Vine compilations

Stop! You almost made me drop my (classes so I can continue to be upset about Vine being gone).

7. Person guesses something about a lineup of people

I've watched so many of these videos: astrologers guess astrology signs out of a lineup being the only one I can name off the top of my head right now. Some dive into disability, sexuality, occupation, and other diverse topics that prove that you can't judge a book by its cover.

8. Cute animal videos

white baby animals GIF Giphy

My roommates and I spent two hours watching archives of raccoon feeding livestreams once. Really entertaining stuff

9. Medical videos

From Dr. Pimple Popper to ultra-rare conditions, there's a plethora of gut-wrenching content out there for everyday people to consume and have anxiety about.

10. Random documentaries

You may as well learn something! The topics are endless and abundant. Maybe look up a video explaining differing opinions on current events, or learn about how you can reduce your carbon footprint or be actively anti-racist.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be wasting the rest of the night on YouTube, thank you very much!

What is something you can never hit pause on, even when you have other things you need to be doing?