10 Helpful Resources Stony Brook Offers To Students

We all need a little help now and then.

18
Graphiq

The first week of the semester flew by, and I find myself busier than ever. Everything's back in full swing around campus. It's the perfect time to remind ourselves of some of the resources Stony Brook offers us. Here is a handy guide to ten of the many services offered.

1. Academic Success and Tutoring

They offer FREE small-group and one-on-one tutoring sessions for classes, as well as general success coaches to help guide you through college.

2. Student Health Services

For all your medical needs, this is a great place to start. Even if you just need some more cough drops for that cold, they have a self-serve bar where you can get them.

3. CAPS

Caps offers 10 free counseling sessions per student per semester. Don't be afraid to use them.

4. Academic and Transfer Advising

This is the advising office for all non-freshman students.

5. Undergraduate Advising (for freshmen)

These advisors are assigned based on your undergraduate college, and are for freshman students only.

6. Division of Information Services

They provide support for any technical issues you may have, including help with clickers!

7. Chemistry Learning Center

Chem TA's all have office hours here, and are there to help!

6. Math Learning Center

Math TA's have office hours here, and are also here to help!

8. Disability Support Services

Helps with testing accommodations, and disability issues.

9. Walter J. Hawrys Campus Recreation Center

The gym offers fitness classes, opportunities to learn a new sport, or fitness and wellness classes is solo fitness isn't your thing. (Try the Pound class, it's KILLER)

10. University Police

For any security needs, the UPD is the place to call. They also have an app that you can use as your own personal Blue Light System!