10 Halloween Costume Ideas You Probably Won't Consider In 2019

Let's face it, there are quite a few common/popular costume ideas for Halloween that most of us like to stick with each year. Things like being a cat, a witch, an athlete, or a movie character are such ideas. They aren't bad, but they're a biiiiiiiiit overused.

1. Chef

The chefs don't get a whole lot of love since they're behind the scenes prepping the food and if you're the one who is being cooked for, you probably aren't even watching the chef at work.

2. A Businessman/Businesswoman

If you work in a corporate office, people see you in your work attire, but you usually won't think about dressing this way for Halloween. Feel free to bring the materials you use at work as props (but not your actual work items).

3. A Nurse

Not everyone is a nurse, but it is interesting because you are putting on a costume as a way to act like another being, even if you are not actually that, ya feel? You can act like one by carrying a stethoscope, and act like you know every anatomic component of the human body, which nurses have down to the bone.

4. Bob Ross

Because it's difficult to paint a painting with a palette in your hand and walk to trick-or-treat at the same time.

5. A Musician

While it's a bit difficult to pick out what genre you're trying to describe in your costume, it's hard to pick out a particular artist on top of that. Don't forget about the instrument either. Their outfits aren't easy to match detail for detail.

6. Your University's Mascot

Not every university has a mascot, and it's hard to copy the mascot's outfit exactly. But be careful with this.

7. Anything where the primary outfit is a suit

Wearing a suit makes it difficult to determine what you are trying to disguise your outfit as, which leads to the question of "What are you supposed to be?".

8. A cheerleader

If you're an actual cheerleader, people probably already know you as one. It's probably difficult to find ones from the store or the official ones for your school. P.S. Limited Too is out of date too.

9. A catfish

Because you can catfish someone by being someone that no one expects you to be. Pun intended.

10. A college student

Because you are already a busy one. No one expects you to try to get homework done while you're out trick-or-treating on Halloween.

You can really be outside the box with your Halloween costume if you consider these 10 ideas.