10 Gourmet Desserts Worth The Cross-Country Road Trips

Because there's no such thing as too much sugar.

167
Unsplash

Have you ever seen a famous food Instagram picture and wondered where you could get your own? Well luckily, all of these elaborate desserts are easily affordable. If you are ready to take a trip somewhere, consult the list below to find out where you can pick up one of these sweet treats and make all of your friends jealous with an Instagram picture of your own.

1. Black or "goth" ice cream

A total Instagram worthy shot with every cone, plus it will probably turn your lips and teeth black. This ice cream is said to have a faint coconut taste, even though the taste is not the reason to get it. So where can you pick one up? Head over to Los Angeles to the Little Damages Ice Cream Shop.

2. Flamin' Hot Cheeto ice cream

More ice cream, but this one is all about the taste. When you order a cone of this ice cream, you may think it is strawberry flavored. Think again! This ice cream is all Cheeto. For something that is hot, vanilla ice cream is the perfect thing for it to be combined with. Drill'd in Fountain Valley California is where you can pick up your very own cone.

3. Black Tap shakes

Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer is a restaurant in New York that captured everyone's attention with their gigantic shakes. Called "crazy shakes" on the menu, these enormous sugary structures are sold for $15. With each shake, you will have one full sized food item such as a brownie, rice krispy treat, or pretzel, topping off your dessert.

4. Cookie Dough Cafe

Want cookie dough that is 100% safe to eat? Well Portland, Oregon has a perfect little dessert shop for you. The Cookie Dough Cafe serves cups of cookie dough in a variety of flavors such as monster, Oreo, confetti, and chocolate chip. The best part? You can also order cups of cookie dough online from 3.5 ounces all the way up to 16 ounces.

5. Gourmet Doughnuts

You can get doughnuts just about anywhere, but some stores go above and beyond with their doughnut craft. There are multiple gourmet doughnuts shops around, however, there are a couple that stand out. Blackbirds Doughnuts is a doughnut shop located in Boston's South End, where they create gourmet doughnuts from scratch. Head to Blackbirds for some unique flavors like Cinnamon Sugar Stack, Jam Bismarck and Java Berry.

6. Dessert Jars

A mason jar is a perfect size for just about any dessert. JARS by Dani sells 4- or 8-ounce jars filled with their special desserts. Their flavors include Strawberry Shortcake, Cake Batter, Lovely Lemon Bar and Fudge Brownie. You can also order jars online -- perfect for a gift or party!

7. Taiyaki NYC

Japanese desserts can be extremely interesting both taste wise and aesthetically. So what is Taiyaki known for? Fish-shaped ice cream cones. It may seem odd but a fish ice cream cone with unicorn ice cream on top is definitely an Instagram worthy shot that will make all of your friends jealous. Yet another dessert to head to New York just to try.

8. Cotton Candy Burrito

If you are looking to fill up on sugar for an entire month, head to Creamberry in Las Vegas, Nevada. Here you can enjoy a cotton candy burrito filled with ice cream and other toppings of your choice such as cereal. There are a couple different locations that sell these sweet treats without putting them on the menu so do some research about your area and see if you can pick one up close by!

9. Union Fare

Spanning an entire city block in New York, Union Fare Bakery offers delicately baked croissants as their front-runner. From an expansive list of chocolate covered croissants to cocoa dusted, there is something for everyone.

10. SMOOSH

Ice cream sandwiches already have an insane amount of varieties that make it so you never get bored of them. However, Smoosh was the first to first to specialize in custom ice cream sandwiches in Houston, Texas so now your sandwich can be uniquely yours. Their unique flavors for cookies are waffle and churro cookies and they also have a special country apple pie ice cream. Catch their truck in Rice Village!

Now if you feel like you have to have one of these desserts all to yourself, you're not alone. Just know that if you are looking to get one of these you probably shouldn't eat much that day, as these sweets will fill you up in just a couple bites.