10 Practical Gifts For The College Student In Your Life

Gifts you will actually use rather than just let pile up in your room

73
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/ten-christmas-gift-ideas-for-your-petrolhead-significant-other-113755.html
Unsplash

Hint, hint to all parents of family friends who don't know what to get their loved one who is a college student this holiday season here are 10 practical gifts that any college student needs. These are gifts that your loved one will actually appreciate and use rather than just smile, thank you and then toss it aside.

1. Apple EarPods 

These wireless EarPods are easy to use and perfect for the gym, for studying and just for listening to music. They are small, don't fall out and fit really nicely into your ears. They can easily be paired with any device that has blue tooth abilities. The feature I love the most about the headphones is that you can give one to a friend and listen to music together!

2. Money 

A classic but always a good gift. While some may think of this gift to be too impersonal it goes a long way and if you are unsure what to get someone always go with money instead of a random gift. Trust me as a college student myself we can always use more money over socks.

3. The Hangover Cookbook 

Help your loved one make it through all those rough Sunday morning hangovers. We've all been there.

4. Speaker 

An underrated but super useful gift. Whether it be for the shower, a dance party with roommates or a pregame, speakers are a great gift to give any college student you may know.

5. Nespresso machine 

As someone who is currently trying to make it through college coffee is a must. Get your loved one this Nespresso machine for their dorm room so they can have coffee for those late night grind sessions when everything is closed, even Kimmel.

6. Makeup and Beauty Subscription Box 

As any girl in college knows, makeup is expensive. There are a lot of different makeup subscription services which charge a monthly fee and then each month send you a box with different products based off of your feedback usually gathered through a preliminary quiz.

Some examples of these boxes are Boxycharm, Play! by Sephora, Yuzen Birchbox etc. In the long run, these boxes can help save you money on beauty products and what college student doesn't need to save more money.

7. Nice Winter Coat 

As someone who goes to one of the snowiest schools in New York, a nice winter coat can go a long way. This is the perfect gift since winter is upon us and its time to start bundling up. So help us college students stay warm!

8. Room Decor 

Help your loved one or friend make their dorm room as cozy as possible with some cool room decor. Personally, I love the light up signs but posters, framed photos or even succulents are a great way to spice up a dorm room.

9. Swell water bottle 

Especially as winter is approaching hydration is key. Swell water bottles keep your water cold and your hot drinks hot. You can even get their initials engraved on it so if they lose it they have a way of identifying that it's theirs. As someone who constantly loses things in college, this is a great feature.

10. Smart Watch 

A smart-watch is a great way to help any college student stay connected and stay up to date with deadlines. There are many different kinds of smart-watches ranching from an Apple watch to a Fit Bit. If your loved one likes working out I would recommend the Fit-Bit because it helps you track your workout and how many steps you have taken that day.

There are also more fashion-forward smartwatches sold by brands such as Michael Kors or Kate Spade. This is a great gift to give any college student to help them stay organized and on top of their daily activities.