10 Fun Things To Do During The Summer In Cleveland, Tennessee

486
Chike Okwudiafor

Summer can be very boring if you have nowhere to go and nothing to do. I stayed back in Cleveland because of a summer job I ended up not having. So I decided, since I am here with nothing to do, I need to look for things that can be fun to do. Cleveland, Tennessee, is not really your first option as a place to go during summer break, but there are actually fun things to do while you are here. These are the top 10 fun things to do during summer in Cleveland.

1. Going Swimming at Parks

During summer, the heat can at times become terrible. A nice and fun way to cool down is to go swimming with friends. Kenneth Tinsley Park, Cleveland Community Center, and Mosby Pool & Park are some great places where you can enjoy yourself. There are also other fun things to do at these parks.

2. Boating and Water Skiing

I never knew opportunities for these existed in Cleveland, but to my surprise they even have knee boarding and jet skiing. Parksville Lake, located in the Cherokee National Forest, is an excellent location to try all of these activities. I have not been there personally, but I heard it is a really fun place to go to.

3. Going to Chilhowee Mountain

You can go hiking at this mountain. Also, the environment surrounding this area is absolutely stunning. It is a really great place to relax, reflect, and have fun. There is a waterfall there, which is really nice too.

4. Visiting Museum Center at Five Points

I actually just discovered this place online, and I haven't been there. The reviews I found online about this place were awesome. It is definitely a nice and beautiful place to visit, especially if you are interested in arts, crafts and history. The Museum features a permanent exhibit, The River of Time, which traces the history of Bradley County. It also has exhibitions at different times during the summer. Visits cost just $5.

5. Going Bowling

Bowling can be very fun especially with friends around. There is a nice bowling place to go in Cleveland called Leisure Time Bowling. It has the basic bowling amenities and it also has food available. Is anything better than bowling and eating?

6. Going to Cleveland Laser Tag at Arcade Bounce

If you are looking for a fun place to hang out with a large group of friends for a 15-minute game of laser tag, this is a good place to go and the prices are very affordable. There are also arcade games available at this store.

7. Going for movie nights at Cleveland Mall

With new movies coming out almost every week, the cinema is the No. 1 fun place to head out to right now. Bradley Square Mall in Cleveland has a very nice cinema. Also the mall is a good place to hang out after watching a movie. Lee University also offers free movie tickets to students from time to time during summer.

8. Going to Chattanooga

There are limited summer experiences in Cleveland, but Chattanooga is just 30 minutes away and there are many more fun things to do there. You can go sightseeing, go-karting is also available. It can be a one-day experience and it can be really fun.

9. Going to Six Flags in Atlanta

You can plan a trip with a group of friends to Atlanta, which is just a 2.5-hour drive from Cleveland. Six Flags is a really fun theme and amusement park to go to. They have a lot of fun rides and things to do.

10. Playing Sports at Lee University

There are a lot of sports activities available at Lee University. You can play soccer, volleyball, tennis, and so much more. Sports can be really fun and competitive. Soccer is played every weekend on the pitch opposite New Hughes, and it is really fun.