10 Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Iowa

10 Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Iowa

Some interesting facts you may not have known about Iowa.

38090
10 Fun Facts You Didn't Know About Iowa

This little state in the middle of nowhere just isn't known for corn and Chris Soules. Iowa is one of the prettiest views in the United States! Ames, Iowa (home of Iowa State University) was named as one of the top ten places to live in the United States by TIME magazine. Iowa was also named one of the top states to raise a family and one of the top states of affordable living! There might be more to this little state then you think ...

1. Ripley's Believe It or Not named Burlington's Snake Alley the most crooked street in the world.

2. Sabula is Iowa's only town on an island.

3. Sliced bread was invented by an Iowan from Davenport.

4. Iowa has more golf courses per capita than any other state.

5. Strawberry Point is the home of the world's largest strawberry.

6. Iowa is home to the National Hobo Convention which takes place every year in Britt, Iowa.

7. Hogs outnumber humans 4-to-1 in Iowa.

8. Iowa claims the world's largest wooden nickel, which sits, 12 feet across, in an Iowa City farm field.

9. The Iowa 80 in Walcott is the world's largest truck stop.

10. The state is comprised of 92 percent farmland.