10 Finals Week Tips For West Virginia University Students

Rent a VIP room at Club Lib.

65
YTIMG.COM

It's that time again! No, not the time to day drink. Well, I mean, yeah it is that time... but it's also finals week. You're probably on the verge of crying because you can't memorize all the material that you missed when you skipped class one too many times. For all those who take on finals week at West Virginia University, here are some helpful tips to get you through.

1. Embrace living at the library

The downtown library changes it's hours basically giving you the opportunity to have a library sleepover, lucky you! It's a perfect calm, quiet and collected place to gather your thoughts at 3 AM when you have a final at 10 AM. No point in sleeping now, right?

2. Call dibs on a bean bag chair

If you go to West Virginia University you know about the giant bean bag chairs in the libraries. They're overly sized but overly comfortable. There's only a few on each floor so you might have to drag one in the elevator with you to get to your destination. Trust me, it's worth it.

3. Fight the urge to go out

I know Bent Wednesday, Thirsty Thursday and every other excuse to go out is calling your name... BUT keeping the normal party life to a minimum during finals week is probably your best bet, obviously. The real party starts after you kick your finals' ass.

4. Study with that annoying kid from class

Studying strategies are very important. Find someone that knows their stuff and meet up with them to study. I know it might be annoying to study with the kid that always knows everything and raises their hand in class every five minutes, but it'll help, I swear.

5. Insomnia Cookies and OrderUp

Tell your mom, your grandma, your boyfriend, ANYONE. Let them know they can send you food and sweets, even late at night. You can get sweet treats delivered to you from 10AM - 3AM Monday - Friday and Noon - 3AM on weekends; AMAZING! You're going to need some comfort food for this week. I'll even give you the links to order.

6. Coffee, Coffee, Coffee

You're going to be awake for the portion of this week and to avoid crashing you may want to utilize the free coffee on the 4th floor at Eliza's.

7. Don't panic

The worst thing you can do while preparing for your finals is panic. You need to be confident and make sure you feel prepared (even if you aren't 100% prepared). Study your material the best you can and tell yourself you're going to kill it.

8. Relax

I know this is going to be hard because you literally have a million and five things to do this week, but it's important to take a break and relax so you don't go crazy. You're going to have mood swings and you're going to get a little cranky. Do whatever is necessary to stay chill.

9. Reserve a study room

These are like the VIP rooms of Club Lib and everyone wants one. You 100% want to get on and reserve a room before you're stuck sitting on the floor because everyone's at the library.

10. Treat yo self

After you finish your finals and it's all over and done with you're going to feel a huge weight lift from your shoulders. It is now time to treat yo self.