7 Feel-Good Shows To Binge On Netflix This School Year
Education

Queer Eye will make you feel all the feels.

124
https://www.pexels.com/search/tv/
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-wearing-black-dress-shirt-eating-popcorn-1040159/

Let's face it, the school year is stressful for everyone. Between classes, extra-curricular activities, and social engagements, sometimes students just need some time to themselves to relax. Netflix has tons of options for you and your friends to start watching together or alone during those overwhelming times. I've put together my top seven feel-good shows to binge when I have spare time. Give them a shot!

1. Queer Eye

TV Series Finale

It's no secret that Queer Eye has completely taken over Netflix the past couple months. The infectious joy of the Fab 5 is enough to turn anyone's day around. They are supportive, kind, intelligent, willing to learn people who bring out the best in others. Who wouldn't want to be a witness to some goodness in today's world?

2. Parenthood

Porch Drinking

Let's face it, families are crazy. Parenthood captures the beauty in the everyday lives of the Braverman clan. No matter who you are, you'll be able to relate to at least one of the quirky family members, whether it be the laid-back Crosby or the shy and sweet Drew. While most people come and go, family is forever. This show captures the unconditional love behind those relationships.

3. The Office (US)

Amazon

It's chaotic, comedic, and heartwarming all at once. Getting to know the characters and watching their relationships develop overtime makes you feel involved in the story. With its iconic scenes and relatable awkward moments, The Office will keep you engaged from start to finish. The best part about it is you can watch the episodes individually and out of order, or you can watch them in a row to get more attached to the characters. It's totally up to you!

4. Gilmore Girls

Fandom.Wikia

Gilmore Girls is the perfect blend of comedy, drama, and romance. The show follows single mother, Lorelai, and her daughter Rory (short for Lorelai) and their daily lives in the small, but chaotic, town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut. These leading ladies are quick-witted, intelligent, and relatable, and their bond is like none other. Watch the coffee-obsessed gals on their roads to success and love.

5. The Fosters

Young Entertainment

The Fosters is an absolute game changer for television. The show follows mothers Stef and Lena as they navigate parenting their biological and adopted children. It covers serious topics ranging from sexual assault to domestic abuse to homophobia. As you watch, you grow to really care about the characters and want them to get their happy endings. I also can't forget to mention that Noah Centineo first found stardom on this show before moving on to play Peter Kavinsky in your new favorite Netflix romcom, To All the Boys I've Loved Before.

6. Blue Bloods

Hulu

This justice system-centered drama is far from typical. The show follows the Reagans, a family of police officers and lawyers, through their everyday battles, whether they be at home or work. It stresses the difficulties of working in the justice system and the importance of support from one's family.

7. New Girl

College Candy

This comedy follows Jessica Day as she moves in with new roommates after a bad break-up. Watching the friendships build, romances form, and the everyday antics of the loft will make you laugh and cry (and cry of laughter). As you watch season after season, you see how the friends grow and navigate adulthood while supporting each other when things get tough. The show just finished up, so you can binge all of it at once if you want!