10 Feel Good Musical Classics And The Lessons They Teach

Because the Oldies Should Never Die

8
pocketfullofliberty.com

Friedrich Nietzsche said that "without music, life would be a mistake". Plato said that "Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything". Bono said that "music can change the world because it can change people" and Marilyn Manson said that "Music is the strongest form of magic". However you view music, as magic, moral law, or the route for change, it has undeniable effects on the human condition, and can serve to inspire us all.

Some of the greatest artists have produced timeless classics that will live on generation after generation. They have made us feel things that we could never express through words alone, and they have taken us through our highest of highs and lowest of lows.

Great music can entertain, provide a mode of solace, and most importantly, inform. Many words of wisdom have been passed down through this art form, but few songs have been able to pass musical boundaries and inspire us like the following feel good anthems.

1.) Let It Be- The Beatles

"When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me, Speaking words of wisdom, let it be." The Beatles are here to remind us that bad things are going to happen in life, and the best we can do it just let things be what they will be.

2.)Three Little Birds- Bob Marley

"Don't worry about a thing, 'Cause every little thing gonna be alright". This one's pretty easy- don't stress! Also very similar to the message in One Love- "One love, one heart. Let's get together and feel all right".

3.) Here Comes the Sun- George Harrison

"It's all right, Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces. Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here. Here comes the sun". George wants us to know that everything will be as it once was, and it's all alright in the meantime.

4.) What A Wonderful World- Louis Armstrong

"The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky, Are also on the faces of people going by. I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do. They're really saying I love you." Louis appreciates all the good in the world and it's people, and we should learn to see it too.

5.) Easy- The Commodores

"I wanna be free, Just me! Whoa, oh! Babe!That's why I'm easy. I'm easy like Sunday morning, yeah". If you haven't felt the good vibes yet, you'll feel em' with this one. Who doesn't want to be free?

6.) Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head- BJ Thomas

"But there's one thing I know, the blues they send to meet me, won't defeat me. It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me". Raindrops won't bring BJ down. Don't let them bring you down either.

7.) Imagine- John Lennon

"Imagine all the people, Living life in peace... You... You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, And the world will be as one". It's so hard to pick a line from this song because they are all so perfectly profound. Imagine a world of peace and unity.

8.) Get Together- The Young Bloods

"Come on people now. Smile on your brother. Everybody get together. Try to love one another, Right now". Spread the love!

9.) Simple Man- Lynyrd Skynyrd

"Oh take your time, don't live too fast. Troubles will come, and they will pass"..."be a simple kind of man, Be something you love and understand". A mother's advice will never fail you.

10.) Dream on- Aerosmith

"Dream on. Dream until your dreams come true"..."Sing with me, sing for the year.Sing for the laughter, sing for the tear. Sing with me, just for today, Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away". Life is short! Live it to the fullest and go after your dreams.

The list of influential music, new and old, goes on and on, across several genres. We have many artists to thank for that. Keep your ears open and "Take it easy. Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy".

See what I did there? (Eagles)