10 Extremely Significant Artifacts From The 2000s

Memories you probably didn't even know you missed.

1292
Tumblr

I have always been the girl at the party who gets down on both knees and begs the DJ to play “Since You’ve Been Gone” by Kelly Clarkson because I truly think that it is a banger. I still wear scrunchies in my hair, Google full episodes of “As Told By Ginger,” and have a framed picture of Ryan Cabrera lying somewhere underneath my bed. I am not ashamed of these things! In fact, I am here to remind all of you of the music, movies, and television from the 2000s that you probably didn’t even know you missed… Until now. So you’re welcome.

1. Lime Wire.

I feel like my computer is going to get a virus just typing about it so I’ll just leave a photo to remind you of the good times AND the bad times.

2. Gregorio Cortez from "Spy Kids"

AH, one of my personal favorites. We all remember the extremely sexy dad from "Spy Kids," Gregorio Cortez. If you are acting like you didn’t fantasize about him back then, then I bet you are definitely fantasizing about him now!

3. "The Lizzie McGuire Movie"

When you are having a bad day, sing “This Is What Dreams Are Made Of” and I promise you the world will, in fact, be your oyster. The Lizzie McGuire Movie is a highlight of the 2000’s and if you don’t agree then you’re wrong and I don’t trust you.

4. Jamie Lynn's Pregnancy

IF THIS INFORMATION DID NOT RUIN YOUR PRE-ADOLESCENT SELF THEN WERE YOU EVEN A REAL FAN OF ZOEY 101? Also, I was secretly hoping that Chase Matthews was the baby daddy but I was wrong. Oh well, you can be my baby daddy, Chase Matthews!

5. Cheese Nips (Cat-Dog shaped, specifically.)

If Cheez-Its weren’t enough for you, these totally hit the spot. Can we start a petition to bring these back into our local grocery stores?

6. MTV's "Pimp My Ride"

This show was the most intriguing of all time. I thought that having a cooler installed into your car was key. I mean, I still think that.

7. J-14 Magazine

You totally forgot that you had a year subscription to this fire magazine. This is where you got all the juicy gossip about Miley Cyrus and Nick Jonas or about which celebrities were bullied just like you were!

8. "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" by Panic! At The Disco

When you would block out “The poor grooms bride is a W****!” in fear of God’s judgment or your parents wrath. This song is ALSO a party banger.

9. What was this even made of?

This snack from Jimmy Neutron will always be my guilty pleasure. I just want to know how to make it and what it tastes like. That’s all.

10. "Everywhere" by Michelle Branch

Another GREAT song. You might remember it from the video game “Karaoke Revolution Party” or when it was featured on an episode of Lizzie McGuire. Both are valid. Either way, if this song is not on your throwbacks playlist then you need to reevaluate everything in your life leading up to this moment.

These 10 memories don't even begin to cover the greatness that the 2000's brought to us. I would add to the list but your attention span is short and I'm going to go listen to the "Freaky Friday" soundtrack. Enjoy, and don't forget to tell your future children about all of this. They will totally start asking questions when you're blasting "Sk8r Boy" by Avril Lavigne on the way to their soccer practice.

From Your Site Articles