It's that time of year again. With fall comes aesthetically pleasing scenery and the seasonal pumpkin spice latte. But with fall comes the horrid realization that summer weather is no longer among us, and all things that remind us of that wonderful time have to be stored away until next year. The shorts, tank tops, and flip-flops have to be replaced with sweaters, leggings or pants, and boots. It's a constant clothes cycle I surely wish I didn't have to endure but fall weather never ceases to amaze me. The perfect mixture of sunlight complemented by a cool breeze hitting my face.

Many are combing through their boxes of fall clothing, wondering what to wear, or better yet how to prepare for this changing weather. Have no fear! Here are 10 essentials that you will need to prepare for the fall and the colder months to come.

1. Summer Clothes Have to Go!

We all wish -- no matter how much we enjoy fall and winter -- that summer could last forever. Soaking up all the sun rays, while casually sipping on an Arnold Palmer at the beach is the perfect summer day. That means it's time for the dreadful exchange of pulling out winter clothes and replacing them with the clothing that embodies warm weather. The no-shoes and flip-flop phase has weaned itself out, and it's now time to go back into our closets and find clothing that better fits the changing weather.

2. Scarves are a Must-Have

Around campus, I have already seen people walking aimlessly with their heads held high, mainly due to scarves covering their necks. Everyone loves to take strolls in the lovely fall weather, but no one wants to sacrifice their body parts in order to do so. If you haven't gotten a scarf yet, it would be a good idea to go out and make that purchase. Not only can they protect you from the weather but they also can be that extra touch you didn't think you needed for an outfit.

3. Sweater Weather

Yes, "Sweater Weather" is a catchy song, but as the lyrics say "it's too cold." The weather is changing which means sweaters have to make a reappearance (but honestly who doesn't love sweaters). It's time to revive and embrace the sweaters that have been sitting in your closet since you wore them last fall.

Whether you take Macklemore's advice and go to the thrift shop to find one, or you raid your parent's old clothes from the 80s and 90s, it's time to bring out those Instagram-worthy sweaters and get happy.

4. Boots of any kind really

Preparing for fall also means pulling out boots. Uggs, Duck boots, even combat boots are acceptable to save those feet from freezing. Trying to wear Chacos with socks might not cut it anymore as the leaves start to fall and the weather continually gets colder. It's sad to say, but the Chacos must go away. It's time to get rid of slide-on shoes and start zipping those stylish shoes up.

5. Seasonal Drinks

Pumpkin spice lattes, hot chocolate, and apple cider -- the holy trinity of seasonal drinks. As these drinks resurface and the season's change, it only seems appropriate to drink one at least every day. These drinks constantly scream "drink me" as we walk into coffee shops with our jackets zipped up to our necks and our fingertips tingling from the cold. Now there's finally an excuse to go to Starbucks and post a picture on Instagram about the trip.

6. Bring out the coats

Although sweaters do embody the changing weather, sometimes the sweater is not enough. Whether it is the shep shirt from Patagonia or you are doing a combination of your favorite hoodie and a jacket over top, the jackets must return from the dead. They are the best way to layer up and most importantly stay warm.

7. Beanies

Just like scarves, no one wants to have their limbs freezing off simply trying to take a stroll on a beautiful fall day. Beanies are another essential to have as the season's change. It is another one of those accessories you would never think of needing, but having that warmth on your head and ears is a major key.

8. Onesies

We all love to wear onesies. Whether you are 10 or 25, a onesie manages to bring out the child in all of us. Onesies are the best combination of a pajama and a blanket. Not only can you rock some dope patterns on your onesie, but you don't even need to wrap up in a blanket it's so warm and cozy!

9. Mugs, Mugs, and even more mugs

If you are anything like my me and my suitemate, mugs are a staple for drinking any warm drink. The larger the mug the better. For all the times you might pull out a K-cup of Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate and pop it in the Keurig there has to be some type of awesome mug to complement it. Whether it has a crazy pattern on it or something like "1-800 Chandler Bing" it is a necessity to make that seasonal drink experience even more memorable.

10. Bring back that Christmas Playlist!

Being a 90s kid at heart, I already have a Christmas playlist comprised of *NSYNC's Christmas album mixed with a hint of Justin Bieber and much more. Fall is the most appropriate time to start getting into the Christmas spirit! Even though Halloween is around the corner, stores have already begun to set our their Christmas trees and decorations on display. Like the song says "It's the most wonderful time of the year." Why not pull out those ugly Christmas sweaters and start jamming to some Christmas tunes?

I am sure that these major keys will help you be fully prepared for anything that the changing weather decides to throw at you. So, go out with your sweaters and scarves and get those pumpkin spice lattes. Happy fall everyone!