10 Empowering Quotes That Will Bring Out Your Inner Feminist
Politics

Even if you don't "believe" in feminism.

99
wordpress

A key component of being an inter-sectional feminist is lifting each other up as we move forward together. If we're not united, we're divided. So, as we make progress in the world in the ways of feminism, we learn to empower one another along the way. Sometimes all you need is one voice to stand out above the rest, and provide something that empowers you to speak your own truth.

1. "I raise up my voice—not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard...we cannot succeed when half of us are held back." ―Malala Yousafzai

2. "It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent." —Madeleine Albright

3. "Feminism isn't about making women strong. Women are already strong. It's about changing the way the world perceives that strength." —G.D. Anderson

4. "I am a Woman Phenomenally. Phenomenal Woman, that's me." ―Maya Angelou

5. "You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female.'" —Erin McKean

6. "A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men." ―Gloria Steinem

7. "I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own." —Audre Lorde

8. "Women are leaders everywhere you look—from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes." —Nancy Pelosi

9. "The more I have spoken about feminism, the more I have realized that fighting for women's rights has too often become synonymous with man-hating. If there is one thing I know for certain, it is that this has to stop." —Emma Watson

10. "A woman is like a tea bag—you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." —Eleanor Roosevelt