10 Easy Tips To Keep Your Makeup Fresh This Summer

Ready, set, prime!

25

Summertime means darker skin, no worries, a summer job and hot weather! But with that hot weather comes oily looking makeup, breakouts and sunburns. Here are some easy tips to keep your skin looking fresh all summer long.

1. Prime your face

Priming your face will not only prepare your face for the makeup but it will help with the longevity of it. If you have oily skin- which is common during the summer- by a matte primer. This will help with the look of shininess and help makeup last longer.

2. Use powder based products rather than liquid

Using a powder over a liquid product such as foundation is much better during the summer. Creams and liquids will melt with the sun and won't last as long. If you still want a full coverage look try layering.

3. Layer your makeup

If you are someone who likes full coverage no matter the time of year. Try layering your makeup, use the liquid foundation and concealer but make sure to set the face with powder. And opt for a powder blush and bronzer rather than a liquid or cream.

4. Set your face with setting spray

This is a trick I swear by! After I'm done with my face I use a setting spray. There are many different kinds and formulas. If you want longevity, look for a long lasting one. If you want a matte look, look for a setting spray aimed for that purpose. Setting sprays can be a bit expensive so try a sample of one before spending a ton of money.

5. Try a BB or CC cream

If your someone who doesn't like to wear a lot of makeup during the summer this is a good tip for you. This is a product that gives a light coverage and isn't as heavy on the skin.

6. Wear sunscreen

Sunscreen is so important! Wear it under your makeup and reapply throughout the day. Find products that already have SPF in them as an added bonus.

7. Cleanse and Moisturize your skin

If you have worn a full face of makeup all day on a 85 degree day. Make sure you go home and cleanse your face. Sweat and makeup will build up in your pores causing you to breakout. When your done washing your face, make sure to moisturize after.

8. Don't wear makeup everyday

As an avid lover of makeup, I could do a full face every day. But during the summer it's not realistic, if I know I'm going to beach or hanging by the pool I skip it. It gives your face a break which can have positive effects to the skin.

9. Save dewy foundations for the winter

As hydrated as it may make your skin look. It won't last in the heat. Skip the dewy foundations and save them for the winter.

10. Find products that work best for you

Part of exploring makeup is finding the products that you like and work for you. Go on the bases of your skin type and lifestyle, and preference. Find the products that make your feel confident and enjoy using.