10 Discontinued Ben & Jerry's Flavors That Need To Make A Comeback

Let's raid the Flavor Graveyard and bring our favorites back to life!

2834

The staff of Ben & Jerry’s is constantly creating amazing and delicious new flavors for ice cream lovers around the world to try. Because of this, the company cannot keep producing every flavor they come up with. Flavors that are not selling well or are unpopular are sent to the “Flavor Graveyard” in less than a year. However, some flavors are discontinued much too soon and deserve a chance to be reborn. Here are several flavors that I never got a chance to try, despite living in the very state that this company was founded. Hopefully, these little zombies will crawl out of their graves to join the menu once again.

1. Bovinity Divinity: 1998 - 2001

Ingredients: Milk chocolate ice cream and white chocolate cows swirled with white chocolate ice cream and dark fudge cows

All my ice cream has been missing is little chocolate cows sprinkled in it. I can just imagine someone trying to explain the ingredients for this flavor and confusing the rest of the staff. The description is a mouthful, but I can only hope I will get a mouth full of this ice cream some day.

2. Dave Matthews Band’s Magic Brownies – Encore Edition: 2007 - 2011

Ingredients: Black raspberry ice cream swirled with sweet cream ice cream and fudge brownies

A remake of the original, this version of the Dave Matthews Band flavor has less vanilla and more raspberries. They also have a whole separate flavor called “Dave Matthews Band One Sweet Whirled.” I think we can safely assume the Dave Matthews Band is in Ben or Jerry’s list of favorite performers. They certainly put out some Vermont-y vibes, and we pick them up with no hesitation.

3. The Gobfather: 2005 - 2007

Ingredients: Chocolate ice cream with fudge covered almonds & a nougat swirl

This flavor seems like it would be simple, yet delicious. If the Godfather wants you to eat his ice cream, it's an offer you can't refuse. Even if you weren't a fan of this flavor, we should give it another chance. Great flavors aren't born great, they grow great.

4. Tennessee Mud: 1988 - 1989

Ingredients: Coffee ice cream with amaretto, Jack Daniels Tennessee whiskey, and roasted slivered almonds

What better way to start the morning with some coffee ice cream? The sugar and caffeine in this flavor is sure to deliver a delicious jolt to your morning routine. It's probably best to save it for later, though.

5. Wavy Gravy: 1993 - 2001

Ingredients: Caramel and cashew Brazil nut ice cream with chocolate hazelnut fudge swirl and roasted almonds

I have to admit, I’m not a big fan of this flavor’s name. Gravy and ice cream don’t mix well, so if I heard “Wavy Gravy” at the Ben & Jerry’s window it would make me recoil slightly. However, if you are a little nuts for nuts like me, then you will be praying for a revamp soon.

6. Vermonty Python: 2006 - 2008

Ingredients: Coffee liqueur ice cream with a chocolate cookie crumb swirl and fudge cows

Once again, the chocolate cows are making an appearance. I appreciate the fudge fish in my Phish Food, but I long for a flavor with these little, delicious cows to come back. Also, who wouldn’t love an ice cream flavor dedicated to the cleverly humorous, yet stupid - in the best way possible, Monty Python movies?

7. Coconut Almond Fudge Chip: 1993-1996

Ingredients: Coconut ice cream with fudge chips and roasted almonds.

It’s like an almond joy bar made into an ice cream. I’d love to see what coconut ice cream tastes like, and if it’s from Ben & Jerry’s I’m sure it’s delicious.

8. Oatmeal Cookie Chunk: 2004 - 2012

Ingredients: Sweet cream cinnamon ice cream with chunks of oatmeal cookies and fudge

I'm not the biggest oatmeal cookie fan, but I've heard nothing but great reviews of this flavor. Just like oatmeal cookies are pretending to be the healthier version of chocolate chip cookies, I assumed Oatmeal Cookie Chunk was the same way. Although, if you are waiting in a Ben & Jerry's line I'm guessing you have given up on your calorie count for that day.

9. Dublin Mudslide: 2005-2012

Ingredients: Irish cream liqueur ice cream with chocolate chocolate chip cookies and a coffee fudge swirl

I've always been a fan of foods and drinks flavored with Irish cream, so this ice cream caught my eye. The name has a nice ring to it and I can only imagine Irish cream, chocolate, and coffee flavors blend deliciously together.

10. Brownie Batter: 2003-2011

Ingredients: Brownie batter ice cream with a rich brownie batter swirl

This recipe is a classic for the ice cream world. Almost every company has their own version of it, and Ben & Jerry’s still produces flavors similar to this one. Still, I would love to see it make an appearance so I can spend time in line choosing between Chocolate, Chocolate Therapy, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, What-a-Lotta Chocolate Cookie Core, and, with some luck, Brownie Batter.

Ben and Jerry's is the pride and joy of Vermont. Those two men have put Vermont on the map - as tasty food is one of the most important parts of American culture. They've even managed to maintain Vermont values by promoting sustainability, supporting GMO labeling, and really caring for their employees. We love seeing fellow Vermonters become successful, and nothing makes us happier than to brag about Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield every chance we get.