10 Must-Try Detox Water Recipes

10 Must-Try Detox Water Recipes

Help to cleanse you body and mind with these delicious recipes!

51
10 Must-Try Detox Water Recipes
google images

To all of the people out there who scour the internet for healthy alternatives and natural remedies, look no further! I have been really interested in detox waters, firstly because they are all natural and a lot better for you than soda and some juices, but also because there are a lot of added benefits as well. The following are ten detox water recipes that caught my eye this week. The first five I found on a detox Instagram post, and the last five I found on a DIY website. Enjoy!

1. Cucumber Citrus Water

The first detox that I found was for a cucumber citrus water that has many health benefits. To make this water, simply add lime, cucumber, grapefruit, and mint into a pitcher of filtered water. Let the ingredients steep for at least an hour, but it can be left for more time if needed, depending on how strong you want the taste to be. This mixture is a great way to stay energized throughout the day, and keeps you hydrated. As far as health benefits go, this water tends to be good for settling upset stomachs and boosting your metabolism.

2. Apple Cinnamon Water

Apple cinnamon water is a great way to boost your metabolism! All you need is freshly sliced apples, ground cinnamon or cinnamon sticks, and filtered water. Add ingredients to taste, and let steep for at least one hour. Add ice, and it is ready to serve!

3. Strawberry, Citrus, Cinnamon Water

For this detox water, there are many health benefits. In fact, each ingredient serves its own specific purpose. This mixture is made using lemon, cinnamon, and strawberries combined together in filtered water. The lemon helps with digestion, while the strawberries create healthier skin. Cinnamon is used to manage blood sugar and satisfy cravings.

4. Blueberry Orange Water

Blueberry orange water is a great source of vitamin C and provides the sweet tasting citrus flavor that is so appealing in water. The water contains as many blueberries and orange slices as you see fit, and requires about an hour to steep.

5. Mango Ginger Water

Mango ginger water is a really useful way to boost your metabolism. Also, the mixture has many vitamins and minerals that are said to have healing properties. Simply steep the mango slices and the ginger in a pitcher of filtered water and enjoy!

6. Fruity Detox Water

To make this fruity detox cocktail, you will need two liters of water, strawberries, and kiwis. Drinking this has numerous benefits, and can help you look and feel better! The strawberries are great for your skin and can help fight against carcinogens. The kiwis flush out toxins from your system and provide a good source of vitamins A and E.

7. New You Detox Water

The new you detox water is an especially healthy mix of many different types of fruits and flavors. This helps burn fat, flush out toxins, and boost your metabolism. In a pitcher of spring water, add raspberries, cucumbers, grapefruit, mint, and pears. All of those ingredients will make a great detox, but there are plenty more options. At your discretion, you can also add lemons, limes, blueberries, and/or cranberries.

8. Strawberry Infused Vitamin Water

There are countless benefits to drinking this kind of detox water. Along with keeping you hydrated, it is really great for your skin, is full of vitamins and nutrients, and contains anti-inflammatory ingredients. What you will need is one cup of strawberries, two cups of cubed watermelon, fresh rosemary, a dash of course salt, and filtered water. Make sure to combine the strawberries, salt and rosemary into a separate bowl first, mix, and then combine with the watermelon in a pitcher. Pour the filtered water over top and allow to steep.

9. Fat Burning Detox Water

Being that it is in the name, this detox water does a really good job of ridding the body of toxins and burning fat. Making it is easy, and you will only need a few things. Gather up two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, one tablespoon of fresh lemon for cleansing, one teaspoon of ground cinnamon for curbing appetite, and one half of a medium size apple, sliced, for a source of fiber. Blend all of the ingredients, EXCEPT the apples, with 12 ounces of water for ten seconds. Finally, add the apples to the mixture. If you need to, top it off with some optional sweetener.

10. Stress Relieving Detox Water

This unusual blend has more benefits than one might think. What you will need is five strawberries, half of a cup of chunked pineapple, two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, four or five fresh basil leaves, and filtered water. The pineapple bromelain that helps to cleanse the bloodstream and breaks down harmful enzymes. The basil is a great source of magnesium, which is important in heart health. Allow the mixture to steep for at least one hour.