As a Grey's Anatomy fan, I feel like it's only necessary to write a little something involving it. Although the show was based on Meredith Grey, I always loved Christina. She was such a strong character and I feel like she said a lot of things that are relevant to real life. Let's face it, the things she says are genius.
1. "Don’t let what he wants eclipse what you need. He’s very dreamy, but he’s not the sun. You are."
Never let a man cloud your shine, baby girl.
2. "It was an impossible decision, and I stand by it."
Sometimes we have to make tough choices in life, but we should never regret any choice we've made. Why? Even wrong choices yield a valuable lesson.
3. "I'm not a spoon. I'm a knife and I'm going to stab you in the eyeball."
Be fierce- enough said.
4. "I am laughing, just not externally."
Me when something thinks that they're so "funny" or whatever.
5. "I'd say wish me luck but I don't need it."
Hey, it's okay to be confident, right?
6. "I hate musicals, but I do like wine, though."
This one speaks for itself. Well, the wine part at least.
7. "Oh, screw beautiful. I'm brilliant. If you want to appease me, compliment my brain."
I've always worked hard to maintain my grades and I'm a first generation college student. I know what I'm capable of and that's how I want to be recognized.
8. "I choose potato chips."
PMS PMS PMS PMS
What I ask when my friends are weirdly happy during midterms or finals. Like, why?? Cut it out.
10. "Should I sleep or should I shower? I could sleep in the shower- but I'm also starving. "
Full-time student, two jobs, a pet, and friends/family/boyfriend time. Why are there only 24 hours in the day?!?!?!
See, these quotes help serve as a wonderful reminder that it's okay to be human. It's okay to feel unhappy, or scared or overwhelmed or even really happy at the most unusual times. It's life. So, embrace your inner Cristina Yang... and when life gets hard, dance it out.