10 Constructive Procrastination Activities

We all procrastinate on things. Here are some ways to procrastinate that are sort of helpful.

317
Cinema Blography

1. Clean your room.

This can range from picking a few shirts off your floor to a massive spring-cleaning style haul complete with redecorating. It always helps to have your things in order when tackling a big project (or not).

2. Watch YouTube videos about a topic of interest (no matter how obscure).

Maybe you want to learn how to play the guitar. Maybe you’re wondering how thrift shoppers find such cool stuff all the time. Maybe you want to find that weird song you and your friends loved in middle school. YouTube is the best place for those kinds of things

3. Talk to friends you haven’t heard from in a while.

It can be nice to catch up with people after not speaking for a while. Who knows, they might be procrastinating on something too!

4. Start watching a new TV show.

The invention of Netflix, Hulu, and other similar services has made it super easy to find an old TV show and watch episodes on your own time and at your own speed, especially if that speed is 6 episodes in one sitting.

5. Plan a party that may not even happen.

Thinking through all the details required to host a successful party can be tons of fun. Even if you don’t end up actually making that event a reality, it’s still super cool to imagine.

6. Look up hair styles and colors that you would never try on yourself.

While your job or other circumstances may prevent you from trying that undercut or bright blue ‘do that you like, having that board on Pinterest never hurt anyone.

7. Explore your hometown.

If there are any cool sites around your town that you haven’t visited yet – like a hole-in-the-wall restaurant or a nice park – then play tourist for the day and go check it out!

8. Check your bank account.

It’s always good to know where you stand financially. Make sure all of your bills and other responsibilities are taken care of, then maybe set a little extra aside for yourself.

9. Take a nap.

Sleep is good for you. If you don’t get a lot of sleep at night, then you might not be on top of your game during the day.

10. Read a book.

Odds are, you have at least one book in your room that you haven’t read. Try to get through at least one chapter.