10 Computer Games That Defined Every Millennial's Childhood

Let's take a trip down memory lane.

2074
Old School Computer

Today, kids have become so accustomed to portable devices and being able to play them in the comfort of their own beds. From iPads to tablets, today's generation of youngsters don't understand the struggle of desktops and waiting for a tower to power up. Yet, we had some of the best games growing up. Here are a few that were truly remarkable.

1. Club Penguin

The most social and realistic out of all the websites. This game was fun because you were able to communicate with other kids from across the world playing too. You could decorate your igloo, own a puffle, and dress up your penguin!

2. Neopets

Although a bit confusing at times, "Neopets" was fun because you could raise and nurture your creatures, taking them on adventures and sending them places. This site was interesting because there was always new places to explore and new people to visit.

3. Webkinz

The most exciting and entertaining game when we were in elementary school. Not only did you get to purchase a stuffed animal, but you got to play games with it online. You could play games featuring your pet or take them to the vet if they were feeling under the weather.

4. Runescape

The medieval version of "Club Penguin". On this site, you were able to text users from across the globe. The longer you played, the higher you would go in ranking and in levels. You could travel from place to place meeting new people and obtain new items and treasures to help you excel in the game.

5. Disney

Disneychannel.com had numerous amounts of games to choose from. Based off hit TV shows off the channel, Disney has plenty of fun online games to play, varying from "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" to "Lilo and Stitch".

6. Toontown

In "Toontown", you were able to go on rides and fish around the place. You could buy furniture for your house and interact with other players as well. Although you did have to pay for some parts, it was still a fun game to explore!

7. Cartoon Network

Another one of the websites with tons of different games. Varying from "Code Name Kid's Next Door" to "Courage The Cowardly Dog", there was numerous games that could be played for multiple TV Shows.

8. Stardoll

This website was truly the best because all you did was dress up people. You could make your own clothes and even dress up famous celebrities at your own leisure. (Also, you could see stars such as Zac Efron and Ryan Gosling in their underwear as you're changing them, how awesome is that.)

9. Addicting Games

From sports games to strategy adventures, Addicting Games had it all. There were different sections of game types that you could choose from. It was great because you could waste hours in front of the computer playing games.

10. Poptropica

The best academic game of our generation. It didn't even feel like you were learning while playing through the levels. From mythology to science, Poptropica made school interesting and exciting.

From Your Site Articles