10 Britney Spears Songs To Hype You Up For Her New Album

Pop music will never be the same again.

143
www.people.com

It doesn't matter who you are, everybody at least knows one Britney Spears song. Love or hate her, her discography is one of the most impressive of any single pop artist's to date, having spent a whopping 88 weeks in the Top 10 charts altogether with numerous number one singles. There is no doubt she is a household name, proving herself to be one of music's most legendary pop artists ever to live. Boasting eight albums under her name, with a ninth on the way (releasing August 26), here we count 10 phenomenal Britney Spears songs to get you hyped for her new album, "Glory."

1. "Womanizer" (from the album "Circus")

This list starts off with her most successful number one single to date. Despite "Circus" being her second album after her infamous breakdown, this was the official return of the superstar. Back in the spotlight, beautiful as ever, and back with a roaring single that set radio waves ablaze. Chances are you know the ridiculously catchy chorus of "You're a womanizer," but lyrics such as, "Must mistake me for a sucker, to think that I would be a victim, not another," show that she's over this guy playing her, and unluckily for him, now the whole world knows his game.

2. "Get Naked (I got a Plan)" [from the album "Blackout"]

Oh, "Blackout," one of the most tragic albums in recent memory. In the midst of all of her public drama, Britney Spears released her best album yet (and still), and it completely flew under the radar. The drama overwhelmed the album, and its sales and numbers drastically suffered from this. Regardless, this is her masterpiece, full of timeless and iconic songs that will never not be good. A standout track, however, is the ear worm-like "Get Naked (I got a Plan)." Horribly danceable, this track is impossible not to get moving to, also boasting some of her most icy lyrics yet. Unfortunately overshadowed by the album's two singles, this track is a must for any fan of pop music in general.

3. "(Drop Dead) Beautiful" [featuring Sabi] (from the album "Femme Fatale")

"(Drop Dead) Beautiful" is a gem packed between other gems. Her seventh studio album to be released, this album was notorious for its hit after hit tracks, rarely stopping for a breath in between. This song describes our feelings after seeing somebody so attractive we just cannot stand it, and puts it into a legendary chorus that will have you chanting to yourself in the car. An instant feel-good, necessary for everybody.

4. "I'm a Slave 4 U" (from the album "Britney")

This is throwing it way back. Put on your nostalgia caps for this one and remember this endlessly amazing track. Compared to her other earlier work, this was sleek, sexy, and seductive, showing a more mature side of the pop star compared to her "teen" roots displayed before. The smooth lyrics to the chorus saying, "I'm a slave for you," instantly make your eyebrows raise. Job well done.

5. "Shattered Glass" (from the album "Circus")

Talk about putting your ex on blast. This song is pretty much a diss track about a certain someone (Justin Timberlake) who supposedly cheated on her, and wow does she not let him forget that. Starting out with atmospheric sounds of, you guessed it, glass shattering, around the 20 second mark starts one of her most impressive songs to date, recalling sounds from her past while putting the modern twist on it, while also taking shots at her ex. Lyrics such as, "Was it really worth it? Was she everything that you were looking for?" really show that she's not messing around on this one, making it a staple of her discography.

6. "Toxic" (from the album "In the Zone")

Everybody knows this song! Debatably her most known song, "Toxic" is usually the song people think of when they hear her name, and for good reason. As cliche it is to put this track on the list, it is timeless, and it is proof that her influence is not one to be messed with. The whiny string section starting the song gets everybody shouting, "Yes!" because they know they're about to hear a great song. Take yourself back to 2003, watch the music video, and relive the 2000s with this undoubtedly perfect track.

7. "Hold it Against Me" (from the album "Femme Fatale")

Yet another number one hit, this lead single for her then-new album was out for blood. With a tongue-in-cheek double meaning to the lyrics, a surprisingly tasteful dubstep break in the song, and an unforgettable music video made this track one of her most successful lead singles for any album, being a necessity for any throwback summer playlist.

8. "Work B****" (from the album "Britney Jean")

You can never go wrong with lead singles. Perhaps her best song in recent memory, this track is the only thing you'll want giving you inspiration to get out of bed every day. However, this was doomed to fail, with "Britney Jean" selling an abysmal amount of copies and it being unable to garner any top 10 songs. Despite the hate for this album, it's worth a listen, with numerous songs that I would deem some of her best, with this track leading that list. Get ready to dance.

9. "Kill the Lights" (from the album "Circus")

"Circus" is her most popular album for a reason, and "Kill the Lights" just proves just why that is. The introduction to the song tells us straight to our faces that, "Our very own princess of pop has a special announcement she would like to make," and what an introduction that is. This being one of her most solid songs helps the case that "Circus" is amazing in its own regard, with this song leading the bunch that didn't make it to the radio.

10. "Make Me..." (featuring G-Eazy)

And with this list, ends the lead single for her upcoming album "Glory." All feelings reserved, this song deserves praise in its own regard. It's different, sexier, and her voice really sounds pure her. This track is a slow burner, and it gets to that spilling point, but never hits it, and that is the track's purpose, to show a new side of her music that will be coming soon. "Make Me..." is a fantastic lead single, met with critical acclaim, and all of her fans love it, including myself. The single cover basically tells us that she's as confident as ever, and as beautiful as ever. A track like this is a great way to start off a new album. Here's to hoping that the rest is as amazing as this. *fingers crossed*