10 bookmarked bible verses
Religion

​10 Bible Verses I Have Bookmarked

and WHY.

594
​10 Bible Verses I Have Bookmarked
Photo by: Kayla Brady

I am sharing with you 10 verses I have bookmarked in my own personal Bible in hopes these verses will touch the hearts of a reader as much as it did my own.

1. Psalm 91:1-2. "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

Find yourself loving and trusting in the Lord. This verse is a good reminder when you do just that, you will find yourself in the shadows of God's amazing grace.

2. Isaiah 53:5. "But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed."

All thanks to Jesus we are saved and with his wounds, we are healed. This verse reminds me of the tragedy and pain Jesus went through just because he loves us unconditionally. He died on the cross for you, me, and your neighbor. No matter how messed up we are or how many wrong things we do in this world, there is nothing that will take away Jesus' love for you.

3. Lamentations 3:25-26. "The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. 26 It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD."

Seek the Lord, then wait for the Lord… do so quietly and intimately. Mean what you say and what you do. You are guaranteed to receive salvation, all you have to do is desire it and truly seek for it yourself. I promise you will be amazed by what you find. Try it out. :-)

4. Luke 10:2. "And he said to them, "The Harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest."

This verse was pointed out to me by my college church. I am so thankful it was. This verse reminds me to pray seriously and intimately. This verse is a good reminder to believe what I pray for and really have meaning behind my prayers. I have personally set alarms on my phone at (Luke) 10:02 each morning and night, to remind myself that it is time to pray.

5. Luke 10:27-28. "And he answered, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself. 28 And he said to him, "You have answered correctly; do this and you will live."

The Lord said himself, "do this and you will live". I think that reason alone is enough to explain the reasoning behind the bookmark of this verse. I love this verse because it is a good reminder to love the Lord with ALL of my beings. Mind, body, and soul. I mean, that's the least I can do right?! Because without Him I wouldn't even exist...

6. Romans 6:14. "For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace."

I really enjoy this verse. Sin... it is something everyone is guilty of and something everyone struggles with. Sometimes it is hard to not let sin tear you apart, but this verse is a perfect reminder that sin does not control you. You are not your sin, you are a child of God living under his grace and love.

7. Ephesians 2:8-10. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."

You are saved. God loves you and that is why you have been and always will be saved. His love is a gift that we all should desire to unwrap each and every day. This verse reminds me of his love for me and that I should walk with him throughout my days, every day.

8. Colossians 3:23-24. "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ."

In everything you do, do it for the Lord! You are serving the Lord during your time here on Earth. Why not make him feel the love he gives you, right back? Through your daily activities think of the Lord and how you are able to do these things thanks to him… do these things for the Lord, not for your self-praise, or to show off for your social media. Do everything to please your creator. Speaking from experience, do things for Him and watch your blessings start to increase.

9. 1 John 4:7-12. "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be propitiation for our sings. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us."

Love is a crazy thing. You are able to see, feel, and experience love thanks to Christ. We are able to live through Christ and through his unending love for us. Not only is it important that we understand how much God loves us, but it is important that we love God the same crazy way right back. We must reciprocate the love that is given to us. His love is perfected in us, as we love Him, ourselves and our neighbors.

Last but not least...

10. Isaiah 41:13. "For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you."

This verse holds a special place in my heart, as it is my absolute favorite. I have this thing about my "right hand", my "best friend" or my "go-to". This verse reminds me that with God as my go-to, I have nothing to fear in this world. He will help me through this thing called life… all while holding my right hand. All I have to do is put my hand out, wait for Him and walk through this life with Him.

The Bible tells many beautiful stories. I pray this article reaches the eyes of many readers and influences at least one person to pick up their Bible and continuing reading on from the verses I gave. Single verses can be amazing but reading and knowing the stories behind the verses are the fun part about the whole thing. I hope you've enjoyed some of the verses I visit often.

Peace and Blessings,

Kayla Jean Brady