10 Best Songs From The 'High School Musical' Movies

I couldn't pick one favorite, so I chose 10 instead.

1390
Idoler

Everyone knows them. Everyone should love them. The High School Musical movies were a large part of my tween and teen years. Heck, they're still a pretty big part of my young adult life! I find myself quoting all three movies frequently, as well as humming one of the catchy tunes I've come to know and love. I have found it difficult to pick a single song to deem as my favorite from the three movies. Instead of having to be forced to pick just one, I've compiled a list of the top 10 (in no particular order) songs from the High School Musical movies.

1. Start of Something New

THIS IS THE SONG THAT STARTED IT ALL! For two people who don't sing, Troy and Gabriella go all out for karaoke on New Years Eve, and I totally respect that about them.

"Living in my own world, didn't understand that anything can happen when you take a chance."

2. Get'cha Head in the Game

I love this song. This is the first time we really see Troy's inner turmoil in regards to his completely separate lives of singing and basketball. Who doesn't love a big musical number in the middle of practice?

"My head's in the game, but my heart's in the song."

3. We're All in this Together

The final scene of this first movie is iconic. I remember watching sing and dance along versions of the movies to try and master the double fist pump, stomp, and clap move.

"Everyone is special in their own way, we make each other strong. We're not the same, we're different in a good way."

4. Gotta Go My Own Way

This is one of the most heartbreaking songs and scenes of any of the three movies. You feel for Troy, you feel for Gabriella, and you feel the tears streaming down your face before Troy even starts his response.

"We might find our place in this world someday, but at least for now I gotta go my own way."

5. Bet On It

There are so many things to like about this song: a driving beat, a positive message, golf, and plenty of fist pumping. I listen to this when I need motivation or when I need to picture Troy jumping and fist pumping across a golf course.

"It's no good at all to see yourself and not recognize your face."

6. Work This Out

Who hasn't felt like they were wasting their summer away at work? This song is fun and shows that the gang can still have a good time while they are on the job. This song (and movie) holds a special place in my heart as a country club employee alum myself.

"I know it's a grind, but I'm sure we can find a way to have fun while we get this job done."

7. I Don't Dance

This is one of the only songs on the list that doesn't include Troy Bolton, but that doesn't mean it isn't still a GREAT song. I love how Chad and Ryan find a mutual respect for each other even though they have different interests. I'm all for the basketball and singing combo, but this song made me love the baseball and singing combo just as much.

"I'll show you that it's one in the same: baseball, dancing, same game."

8. The Boys Are Back

If you've ever been reunited with a friend after a long time of missing them, this song will speak to you. It's a song about friendship and all the adventures it'll take you on. This song comes paired with some impressive dancing from Troy and Chad as well as flashbacks to the boys as kids that are sure to melt your heart.

"Take it back to the place where you know that it all began."

9. Now or Never

This is a great song. It gets everyone pumped up about the Wildcats and stresses the importance of hard work and teamwork. What makes this song even better is when Gabriella rises from the student section to sing a duet with her man to give him the extra little push he needs in the game.

"This is the last time to get it right. This is the last chance to make it our night. We gotta show what we're all about, work together."

10. Scream

This is how I feel when people ask me to choose my favorite High School Musical song.

"I can't choose, so confused. What's it all mean? I want my own dream so bad I'm gonna scream."