10 Benefits of Friendships between Extroverts And Introverts

Opposites truly attract!

674
Al

When it comes to friends you always have the one who wants to stay inside and read a book instead of going out or the one who always likes to go out and party. Like many people know it just so happens that opposites attract and these types of friendships are typically the best friendships. I myself am a 110% extrovert and my roommate/best friend is a 110% introvert. Here are some benefits to introvert + extrovert friendships.

1. It's always fun going out with an extrovert.

With an extrovert's need for attention from others and drawing energy from social interactions, going out with them you are bound to make new friends! With an extrovert at your side, you don't have to worry about being too scared to talk to the cute guy you see because most likely your extrovert can help you out with gaining their attention.

2. The introvert is most likely the mom of the relationship.

I can testify to this 1,000,000%. Being your typical extrovert I like to go out and party…..A LOT. I used to go every weekend actually, and either my introverted best friend went out with me and made sure I didn't get too messy and make me go home if I got what he deemed too messy or was at home waiting for me when I stumbled into the room. Especially if you're introvert truly cares about you, they'll definitely be the one to care for you whenever you mess up.

3. The introvert can keep a very spontaneous unfocused extrovert tame and focused.

Extroverts tend to act first before thinking, which means if an idea pops up in their head they're very likely to act on it immediately. Which isn't very helpful when it comes time to buckle down and study it can be hard to focus. Especially if you live with an introvert they can do wonders when it comes down time to focus.

4. The extrovert opens horizons for their introvert friends

Introverts are so content with staying home and just watching TV alone they rarely go out to experience new things, with an extrovert being the opposite, you can see where this can go. With an extrovert forcing their introvert friend to go out and have fun with them more often than not the introvert actually has fun and has found a new thing to do!

5. Introverts gain a lot of new friends being around their extrovert friend.

I noticed this when I first moved into UNCG, my roomy and I were already friends before we moved in, so when we first moved in we did everything together because he didn't know anyone else. So for the first few weeks of school he was always at my side meeting all my friends and becoming friends with them himself until he branched off and gained his own friends. Having an extrovert friend is a healthy option to prevent you from dying lonely.

6. A talkative extrovert's best friend is an introvert who listens.

I myself am an avid ranter along with a lot of extroverts. Introverts aren't the talkative kind, but phenomenal listeners. I can't even count the Times I have ranted to my introvert friends and they have listened and have even given great advice on top of it.

7. Extroverts are the perfect translators for their introverted counterparts.

For some introvert x extrovert relationships, their bond is so tight that at some point the extrovert has learned to accurately speak for the introvert in times the introvert is too scared to say what they truly feel.

8. NEAT vs. CLEAN

Extroverts have a very messy lifestyle mainly because they’re likely to be super busy and, possibly, over committed. We typically just begin to get used to the mess and learn to live with it. An introvert friend can show us how to be more organized & find time to organize themselves.

9. Shut up extroverts!

Us extroverts thrive off of social interactions and like to talktalktalktalktalk….and talk. An introverted friend can show you that you don't always have to add your two cents or just talk in general. It's okay to not say something sometimes.

10. Unconditional Love

Being that in a way you guys are both opposites, you both show affection in different ways. Yet your love for each other is never questioned. If you find a way to love each other through all the oppositions in your personality then you can love each other through anything.