Do you have that one friend, who is so honest it hurts? Of course, you like him or her as a person (otherwise why would you be their friend), but they are so open with their thoughts on everything, that at times you wish they lied. Even though your friend lacks a filter, for the most part, you wouldn’t trade them for anyone, and here’s a couple reasons why.
1. You never have to worry about him/her lying to you to avoid hurting your feelings.
2. You can also be as brutally honest to them as they are to you.
3. You never have to worry about him/her talking about you behind your back.
4. He/she will tell you things you don’t want to hear, but need to hear.
5. He/she will give you the best advice.
6. He/she will never sugar coat any bad/good news.
7. All the compliments he or she gives you are sincere.
8. He/she will let you know if you’re wearing a bad outfit.
9. Odds are you are one of their closest friends, because not a lot of people understand the depths of their honesty.
10. You know have a real friendship with him/her, otherwise they would let you know if they didn’t like you!
A brutally honest friend is truly a treasure. They have the personality that politicians and lawyers could definitely use. I have the distinct pleasure of having a couple of brutally honest people as my friends, and they’ve definitely helped me make better life decisions. I never have to worry about what my brutally honest friends think of me, because they’ll always tell me. If you have someone like that in your life, who’s not a friend, like a mother, father, sibling, cousin, or even a teacher count yourself lucky. There are enough insincere people in the world, the brutally honest people are definitely the keepers.