10 Things The Baby Of The Family Understands All Too Well

The rules don't apply to us.

41
Blogspot

1. You can do whatever you want.

Once your parents have gone through raising 1 or more children before you, they pretty much have no more stress left to spare, and your siblings envy you for your rule-free experience.

2. Forever young.

You were a baby at one time, and 18 years later, you’re still the family’s “baby.” Which is probably accurate because you still act like this:

3. You have [insert # of siblings] names.

You’ve been called by your siblings’ names numerous times. Have a dog? You’ve probably been called by that name, too.

4. You're never right, it's hard to be taken seriously, and nobody believes you.

Learn something cool and interesting, somewhat unbelievable? Share it with the family and they will never let you live it down. I mean, why should they believe you when you have WAY less years of experience than them, right? So, you learned this at an early age:

5. You've been both the baby and the only child.

Your siblings left for college and live on their own, leaving you to fend for yourself. Your normal family dinners of 4 or 5 people have become 2 on 1 interviews that consist of your parents asking you questions about everything and anything you do, and you're just trying to have some space.

6.No one tells you anything.

Older sibling: “So the family bird died 3 months ago, that’s why mom and dad stopped sending pictures of him in the group chat.”

Baby: “Why didn’t anyone tell me?”

Older sibling: “We thought you’d be upset, you’re the baby.”

Baby: “Dude, I’m 20 years old.”

7. You knew everything “cool” before your friends.

You were spitting out all the words to “Get Low” and “Candy Shop,” like it was your job, while the rest of the kindergarten class hummed Barney’s latest hit, “I love you, you love me.”

8. You also did everything last. And it sucked.

You watched your older sisters dress up to go out to all the cool parties and your brother drive his cool car, and you sat there like…

9. You're the easiest target.

You’re normally the butt of the joke, which when you were little was OK because you could cry and get your siblings in trouble. But once you get past 13, you have to suck it up and try to think of comebacks to the usual teasing.

10. It’s all worth it though because you’ll always be taken care of.

You’re the baby and your siblings know you can be a little naive at times and need some guidance, and you know they’ll always have your back (or maybe they just have your back because your parents told them to watch out for you).