10 Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

10 Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

Really simple costumes you can make yourself for Halloween.

1604
10 Easy DIY Halloween Costumes

With Halloween around the corner everyone is looking for the perfect costume, right? But there are many people out there (myself included) who are actually poor and can't afford to buy the super cute yet expensive costumes. Here are some great Halloween DIY costumes for this Halloween.

1. Scarecrow

This Halloween costume is so simple and easy, which is why I love it so much. All it takes is a plaid flannel, jeans, boots, and a floppy neutral colored hat to make yourself look like the cutest scarecrow on the block. Add some makeup if you really want to get into the Halloween spirit.

2. Marry Poppins

Everyone loves a good Disney movie, right? So why not be an iconic Disney character as well as being the cool and fantastic dame Julie Andrews! This DIY is super easy: just find a lacy white button down, add a red bow, then a black skirt, and a matching red belt. Finish it off with a homemade classic Mary Poppins hat, her bird umbrella, and the best purse of all time. It may take a little more time than the scarecrow outfit, but it is totally worth it.

3. Holly Golightly / Audrey Hepburn

This costume is probably the classiest one of them all. It doesn't take much to create this perfect Halloween look: a sleek, little black dress, pearls, black heels, and a small crown. All you need is the big sunglasses and the cigarette holder (a fake one of course!), and here is an effortless Halloween costume that makes people stop and stare at your classy a**.

4. Decade Costumes

I know that this is more than one costume, but I just want to give variety. A decade costume is super easy to make. With the 1920s, all you really need is a sparkly dress, a headpiece, and a feather boa. It is simple and it looks good. All of these are simple and cheap, and you probably have some of these items in your closet so it isn't very difficult to create a cute decade Halloween costume.

5. Disney Princesses

I love all Disney movies, so why not be a princess from some of the best movies ever. For Belle's outfit, all you need is a blue dress and a white apron with books and some glasses. As for Ariel's outfit, I really love the one above, with a long green dress, a strapless purple shirt, and a fork with a darker purple belt. They are very simple and perfect.

6. Ghostbusters

For the guys, it is easy to make a DIY costume. Ghostbusters is a cool and fun idea. All you need is a jumpsuit and some fake equipment to look like a cool ghostbuster.

7. Bert from Mary Poppins

This costume is perfect if you have a girlfriend so she can be Mary Poppins. But in case you happen to be single at the time being, Bert is still pretty awesome. All you need for this costume is a button down that you don't mind getting dirty and a vest. Then you need a broom and a red scarf and a hat. The last thing that you need is black makeup to add some "soot" to your face, and you are Bert from Mary Poppins.

8. Peter Parker / Spiderman

If you don't want to go all out and wear a full on superhero costume, then this is an easy costume for that. You just need a Spiderman costume and a white button down shirt with a camera and a backpack. It is the perfect costume to pretend to be Peter Parker and Spiderman at the same time.

9. The Brawny Guy

I know that this isn't exactly a costume that is super famous, but it is something funny. It is also really easy with a red plaid flannel and jeans. If you carry a Brawny towel package, then people will think its super funny and laugh.

10. Nerd

This is probably the easiest costume to do and it still is super cute. It isn't very difficult to get the items for this Halloween costume. All you need is glasses (real or not), suspenders, and colored pants with a white T-shirt. Make sure that you put tape on the bridge of your glasses, and that is your nerd costume.

Now that you have some ideas for quick, DIY Halloween costumes, you can decide what it is that you want to be for Halloween. These are all really simple costumes, and I hope that you pick one of these cute costumes for your next Halloween. Have fun!!