10 Outstanding Accomplishments Of Former President Barack Obama

#ThanksObama

15

1. Ended the war, eliminated Bin Laden and Al Quaida and brought troops home

On May 1, 2011 the Navy SEALS attacked the Al Qaida compound in Iraq, killing Bin Laden. He ended the war (which was a great contributor to the recession costing 800 billion dollars which was the largest discretionary budget) He was able to withdraw the troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. On December 8, 2011 he brought troops home before Christmas.

2. The biggest job creator

Former president Obama was the second best job creator besides Bill Clinton. Under his administration 17.627 million people gained employment.

3. He cut taxes

In 2010 former president Obama signed for an 858 billion dollar tax cut, which cut payroll taxes by 2 percent thus, adding $120 million dollars to worker’s spendable income in total.

4. Signed the Helping Families Save Their Home Act

This Act allowed families to evade “preventable” foreclosures and it provided 2.2 billion dollars in order to decrease homelessness and stabilize the housing market.

5. Lowered the Unemployment Rate

In August 2016 unemployment drops below 5% for the first time in 8 years

6. Passed Healthcare Reform List the benefits

Under “Obamacare” the largest number of individuals gained access healthcare. It expanded Medicaid eligibility in 26 states. Eliminated the annual and/or lifetime limit on healthcare. Through Obamacare people cold no longer be charged more due to health status of gender nor can people be denied for preexisting diseases, which were both previously permissible. Also, people were allowed to stay covered by their parent healthcare until age 26. During this time the 15% of individuals who did not have healthcare could now have it.

7. Improved Financial Aid of College Students

Expanded the Students Pell Grant and implemented the Student Loan Forgiveness Program.

8. Increased support for Veterans

He increased the budget for Department of Veterans Affairs. He developed a better G.I Bill, which now provides 78 billion dollars in tuition assistance.

9. Eliminated the catch 22 in Pay Equality Laws

Through this mandate woman who are discriminated against in the workforce can sue those who discriminated against them even years after the incident. Previously, women could not do so as the statute of limitations was 180 days.

10. Signed The Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2009

This act expanded hate crimes to extend beyond race, religion and national origin.

From the beginning of President Obama’s campaign, he promised change. From the beginning of his presidency he has been doing just that. It seems as though many of his accomplishments have gone unnoticed, leaving conservatives with grounds to say he has done nothing. What one must first understand is that making change is a difficult task in it own; nonetheless he was able to do so. If you disagree with his policies fine, if you are not apart of the Democratic Party fine.

But do not discredit his work as you may see that some of his changes have benefited you. In my opinion Former president Obama was a president of the people and for the people. He was one of us. He was an individual who experienced the high and lows of life. He wanted to make a difference in the country that he was apart of and he did just that!