10, 20, 30 Years On

10, 20, 30 Years On

A virtual time capsule

24
10, 20, 30 Years On
Myself

Today you type, the future unknown, the world waiting. You're not at any crossroads right now, no major step

waiting to be taken. You've finished freshman year and have an idea of what you want to do, but you're not making any decisions, much to your relief. But, one day you will be and there will come a time when you will be living the life that comes as a consequence of those decisions. You have dreams, many of those, but you have no clue which will come true or when. You wish they all will- and not too far in the future. You want to enjoy now and live what you're living but you don't want to have to choose. But, you know deep down, in a corner of your mind you would rather ignore that you might- and probably will- need to do that at some point.

So, 10, 20, 30 years on, where will you be? You don't want to plan too much, but you would like to be somewhere- somewhere you want to be. You know that you will make those decisions at some point before a decade passes. As you think of decade, you wonder where you will be at the turn of this one. 2020. That year seems so far but is only three years away. A lot can happen in three years, but at the same time, it isn't the 10 it was seven years ago. And you have no idea what you will feel then. And you're happy about that. But 10,20,30 years on will you be happy about these sentiments or will you wish you had acted differently.

So, 10, 20, 30 years on, how will you feel? Will you look back fondly? Will you look forward or back? What will you feel about what you will be doing? Will you be living your earliest dream or your most recent one. In fact, will you be living any dream? Will you have dreamt something else up in that time? 30 years from now, when you're on the precipice of half a century will you feel the same as you do as you approach a fifth? Or will you have changed? Will you have changed dramatically or subtly? Will you be living the life you think about now, or will you be on a completely different course? Will you be doing something you would never have thought of now?

So, 10, 20, 30 years on what will you be thinking about? What will run rampant through your brain? Will you think of the future the same as you do now, unknown, slightly intimidating, racing towards you, but so far off, full of possibility and something you ache to make the most of or will you have a different perspective? Will you think about your daily tasks as you do now, or will you deliberate differently? Will you think about anything and everything or will you have a more focused approach? Will you think about what you want or what you need? Will you think about what you wish to see or what you do see?

So, 10, 20, 30 years on how will you see? Will you see the world as you look out now, big but yours to explore, a place you can make better or will that have changed? Will you look at the sky and see a galaxy you can explore or a reflection of the Earth you inhabit? Will you see yourself the way you do now or will that have been altered as well? Will you see your work as what you wanted all along or as something you thought of and went for in a momentous decision? Will you see what you want as something you can attain or as something to think of, but too fantastical to ever actually have?

So, 10, 20 , 30 years on what will you want? Will it be what you want now? Or will it have changed? How much will it have changed? Will it be what you think you could ever want? Or what you never thought you could desire? Will you want what you can have or what you can't? Will you desire what you think will benefit the future you? Or that for the you of then? What will be the nature of the things you want? Will you be driven by what you want or will your wants stem from you drives you?

So, now, you type up some of what you might ask yourself 10, 20, 30 years on if you met her. Some of the things you ask, you can't ever imagine being- or not being? Yet, you need to ask the; you can't help yourself; in fact, you need to ask, even if you cringe while doing so? There are so many possibilities and you can't wait to explore them. So take a deep breath and charge right ahead, never be afraid to try- it's the journey that counts, after all. C'mon, see what life has to offer and live every minute of it.