Why I Set New Years Resolutions

Why I Set New Years Resolutions

Better your mind and your soul with New Years Resolutions, here's why I do it.

4
Why I Set New Years Resolutions

New Years resolutions are always the epiphany of the new year rolling in. Gym membership subscriptions go up and goals are set to achieve the best year of your life. I am one of the weirdos that loves to celebrate the fresh start. I personally always make a list of resolutions for the year and these goals are things that I have set myself to achieve and not to remain on my list of things to do. With that, I set goals that are easily achievable and simple to do. They are more of a habit breaking list of to do's for the year. Then I always write them all down in the notes of my phone so that I can be reminded of them whenever I need to.

I also make a quote of the year. Something that sums up all my resolutions and makes me get excited to accomplish my list. I think of this saying more than I do my list of resolutions because when I read this quote or song lyric I am instantly aware of what I'm doing in the year. My favorite thing to do is to pick a song for the year so that when it comes times to wrap up the year you can look back and listen to that song.

Setting these goals for myself allows me to grow. It makes me feel so accomplished when I check off all the boxes and I can confidently say that I am doing the best that I can to be the best person I can. Make sure that all of these goals are things that you really truly think you'll be able to do so that ways it's harder to give up. It settles me in such a crazy transitioning period from year to year and only allows me to grow. New Years Resolutions are always seen as something that is so stupid and no one actually does but when you put your mind to it, they are just a reason for you to grow. New Year, Same. But, New Year, new goals to achieve and conquer.