The Best SNL Sketches Of The Trump Administration

SNL: making America funny again one week at a time.

95

Arguably one of the best things about Donald Trump's presidency is the amazing material SNL writers get to work with every week. They have managed to cast amazing actors to take on the roles we hear about on the news every day, and write sketches that can sometimes hit too close to home. So, to celebrate the past couple years of amazing SNL moments, here are some of my favorite SNL sketches of this administration (in no particular order.)

1. Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer

Image result for melissa mccarthy sean spicer snl

The first time I saw this sketch, I laughed untill I couldn't breathe. Everything about Melissa McCarthy's performance was on point and the writing was absolutely brilliant.

2. Morning Joe

Image result for morning joe snl

As someone who watches cable news all the dang time, this sketch was particularly hilarious to me. Also, the impersonations are scary-accurate.

3. Kanye West in the Oval Office

Image result for kanye west trump snl

After the bizarre press conference between Kanye West and President Trump in the Oval Office, I knew SNL would be fervently taking notes for their upcoming episode. Sure enough, they did not disappoint.

4. Steve Bannon in the Oval Office

Image result for steve bannon snl

The way SNL decided to play Steve Bannon during this scene was hilarious, not to mention Alec Baldwin's signature Trump impersonation.

5. Kavanaugh Hearing Cold Open

Image result for matt damon brett kavanaugh

One of the amazing casting choices for SNL was casting Matt Damon as Brett Kavanaugh. This cold open was hilarious and alarmingly similar to the real thing.

6. Robert Mueller and Michael Cohen

Image result for snl cohen and mueller

For any fans of the "Meet the Parents" movie, this sketch is definitely for you!