Why College Students Love Bernie Sanders

28
Nation Of Change

As a generation, we have decided that Bernie Sanders is someone worth talking about. By wearing our "Feel the Bern" T-shirts, covering our Nalgene water bottles with "Bernie 2016" stickers, and supporting him on social media, we are exposing Bernie as a person worthy of young people's political support. It's no secret that 18-22 year olds have not historically been very active in the polls, but with this election, we hope to change things. Here are six of the many reasons why we would like to see Bernie Sanders as our future president.

1. He's Open to Debate and Discussion

Though he may be significantly older than we are, it is clear that Bernie Sanders cares about our generation's opinions. We are old enough to think critically and form our own viewpoints, and he recognizes and respects that. Bernie's speech at Liberty University proves that he is committed to communication with all young people.

2.He Supports Our Education

Bernie believes that education should be a right, not a privilege. He wants our nation's colleges and universities to be filled with bright, ambitious, and passionate students. By supporting Bernie, we are supporting the opportunity to have a stronger, more accessible educational system that will ultimately lead to a brighter future for ourselves, our families, and our country.

3. He Believes that All Lives Matter

Unlike other candidates running in this election, Bernie wants to represent everyone. As a college student, he marched for the Civil Rights movement. As a public servant, he votes, and has always voted for the equal opportunities of all people. His views on important social issues such as women's rights, racial justice, and real family values have not changed for the upcoming election.

4. He Encourages Us to Be Politically Involved

Bernie Sanders has not exploded on social media by accident. Bernie reaches out to us in a relatable way with a strong purpose, inspiring us to enact social chance. By liking his Facebook posts, sharing his inspiring speeches, and writing articles like this, our voices can be heard by an entire generation. By giving him our political support during this election, we can help make policies that will benefit our future a reality.

5. He Can't Be Bought

We the People of the United States of America are not corporations. We are living, breathing beings who deserve to be represented by someone who cares about our wellbeing. Corporations should not run our elections.That is not the democracy that our country was founded on. By not allowing big money to support his run for office, Bernie proves that he is 100 percent committed to us.

6. His Believes In Us

This one is perhaps the most important. We are the future and deserve to be represented by someone who believes in this country's young people. For a lot of us, this is the first presidential election that we are eligible to vote in. Instead of standing on the sidelines watching older generations' involvement in this election, however, we vow to support Bernie to the best of our abilities and will continue to do so until he is elected the 45th president of the United States of America.