10 Perfect Theme Party Outfits

10 Perfect Theme Party Outfits

These are my all-time faves.

978
10 Perfect Theme Party Outfits

You’re sitting in chapter and your social chair stands up to tell you that you have a mixer this weekend. Not just any mixer though, a THEMED mixer.

If you’re anything like me, the chance to wear a ridiculous outfit uptown is like a holiday. The only downside is figuring out what to wear.  

Here are my 10 favorite mixer themes and their corresponding outfits:

1.    ‘Merica 

Is there any other country that loves itself as much as we do? It's doubtful. So show off how proud you are to be an American. Any red, white, and blue that you have should be on your body. And if you find that you’re lacking in American attire, have no fear. Head to your nearest Wal-Mart and buy some American flags to hand out to people. 

2.     Thrift Shop

As soon as you hear "thrift shop", your first thought should be, “How soon can I get there?” If you aren’t hopping in a friend's car as soon as chapter is over, you will be missing out on the crazy things people decided to part with for the good of others. No clothing item is off-limits for a social like this. Do you have an Aggressive Fur vest? Aztec Leggings? Hawaiian Shirt? Throw them all on with $20 bucks in your pocket and make Macklemore proud.  

3.     Loggers and Joggers/Athletes and Mathletes 

If you don’t use this theme as an excuse to wear leggings uptown, we have a serious problem. That’s really all I have to say on the matter.   

4.     High School Stereotypes 

Out of all the mixer themes on this list, I have to say this one is 100% my favorite. If you went to catholic school like I did, this is the perfect excuse to break out your high school uniform one last time. If not, there are plenty of other fabulous options including, but not limited to, Prom Queen, Stoner, Lax Bro, Goth, Nerd, and Teen Mom. The possibilities are endless.   

5.     Hawaiian

Make sure to save that Hawaiian shirt your dad bought on one of your island vacations, like 10 years ago. If you can't track down one of those, throw on a sarong or a brightly colored cover up. Leis, flower headbands, and giant flower clips are necessities.   

6.     Redneck

Although this is similar to an ‘Merica-themed party, you have a lot more options than just good ole red, white, and blue. Anything that screams redneck to you is appropriate. This is the perfect time to break out the cowboy boots you haven’t worn since freshman year and a Budweiser shirt you turned into a tank. Top it off with some jorts and a flannel, and you are the newest addition to the redneck community.  

7.     CEOs and Office Hoes 

Remember when casual blazers were a thing? Go dig yours out of your closet and throw it on. Glasses would also be a great addition to this outfit. Just don’t wear clothes you would actually wear to an interview. God forbid you show up at career fair with a jungle juice stain on your blouse.  

8.     GI Joes and Army Hoes

It's time to channel your inner Destiny’s Child circa the Survivor music video. Camo, jorts, combat boots, and maybe even a crazy hat are all must-haves. 

9.     Fratalina Wine Mixer

Dust off your Lilly dress and the most aggressively large derby hat you can find cause it’s the fricken Fratalina Wine Mixer. Even if it’s the dead of winter, I will always keep a splashy summery Lilly dress in my closet for the sole purpose of attending one of these mixers.   

10. Toga 

Ahh, the toga party. It’s a quintessential and incredibly stereotypical part of Greek Life. This makes it all the more fun to go to a Toga party. Make sure you have an extra set of sheets to destroy and transform into a toga. If you’re really short like I am, use a pillowcase. You’ll thank me later when you aren’t dealing with a sheet that’s 3x the size of you.   

Bottom Line: ALWAYS dress up for a theme party. The fun times you’ll have picking out your outfits are endless and if we're being honest, the more aggressive the outfit the better.