If You Were Launched Into A Zombie Apocalypse, This Is How You Would Do Based On Your College Major

You might not need a degree in survival skills after all.

137
Simon Wijers

It's the year 2018 and virtually anything is possible at this point in humanity's history…so why not speculate on the possibilities of a zombie apocalypse? Whether it's caused by a mutant virus or a mass-resurrection gone wrong, you'll need to be prepared to handle what comes your way once the undead are on the move. It makes you wonder how your college education might come in handy during these trying times.

I invite you to consider these theories below:

1. Nursing and pre-med majors

Equipped with a plethora of medical know-how, the nursing and pre-med majors have a decent chance at pulling through the storm of the undead. You guys can take care of a wide range of injuries and maladies - which will be critical, of course.

But not all of the tools you'll need to do so are right at your disposal. It's not all that easy to find a pair of forceps in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, after all. Healthcare wizards, you better hope you stumble into a Walmart or an abandoned hospital.

2. Business majors

Calculating and down-to-earth, young entrepreneurs and executives-in-training will view the zombies merely as human employees on strike. You might attempt to round them all up and threaten them with poor performance reviews…but that probably won't get you anywhere if their brains are as incompetent as all of the movies say they are.

And besides, everybody's got a bone to pick with their boss at some point…don't let them pick out yours.

3. Foreign language majors

Let's hope you dialect dynamos can understand the mumblings and grumblings of our undead pals…if you can't negotiate for peace between humanity and zombie-kind, though, it's probably best for you to head for the hills. Fast. At the very least, they'll understand that your screams are expressing terror (and they'll love that very much).

4. Communications and journalism majors

You guys will spend far too much time arguing over who gets to cover the story of the zombie invasion once it all blows over. You'll fight over how to word your headlines and sabotage each other's projects, turning against each other and ultimately falling apart before the zombies can even get their hands on you. Hopefully, you can all pool your skills and band together before you all become old news.

5. Music, theater, and art majors

You fine arts prodigies might stun the zombies with your talents, but note that this awe will be short-lived. It might buy you some time at first, but ultimately, a dramatic monologue or a sculpture made from the rubble of a destroyed building won't impress anyone actually worth impressing. Maybe a flutist could save you and charm the zombies and take away their desire to eat your brains…?

6. Psychology majors

"And how does that make you feel?"…you just might succeed in administering therapy to the zombies that makes them reconsider their determination to destroy all humans. Maybe it was a troubled childhood or a divorce that turned them against people in the first place. You could turn this entire thing around with your smooth-talking and analytical reasoning and even get the zombies on our side. Keep on reading their minds, you guys.

7. Engineering majors

Your hands-on approach will be an asset in the zombie apocalypse for sure. You can build makeshift versions of the tools you need with anything you have available to you. Resourceful and practical, all you need are your hands and your brains (hopefully uneaten) to craft the ultimate weapons to fight against hoards of the undead.

8. English majors

"To be or not to be" is the old question; now, you're probably wondering, "to die or not to die?" and rightfully so. You're using your blood, sweat, and tears to write poetry on the concrete, but you would kill for a pen. It is mightier than the sword, after all…but a sword would probably be nice to have, too.

9. Philosophy majors

Instead of gathering food and supplies, you'll be tucked into the corner of your fort, wondering, "why this had to happen to you, why did humanity have to come under attack in the first place, why are the zombies so motivated to hurt innocent lives?" It's not exactly the most productive way to live our your last days, but hey, you do you.

10. Science majors

Biology gurus, you just can't wrap your heads around just how these creatures are up and about if they aren't even technically alive. Chemistry majors, you might try applying your knowledge to creating some homemade explosives or poisons that can put a huge dent in the zombie population. And physics majors…you're calculating how much force the zombies will need to apply to the foundation of your building hideout in order to topple it over.

I think we can all agree that out of all college majors, those specializing in military careers will definitely rise through the ranks and beat us all. Watch out for those ROTC cadets; they mean business.