zoey brooks chase matthews zoey 101

Someone Needs To Say It: Zoey Brooks Didn't Deserve Chase Matthews

My nine-year old heart couldn't take the nonsense of "will they, won't they?"

82

Way back when, in a world far away, we had Zoey 101. We were first introduced to Zoey Brooks when she arrived at Pacific Coast Academy, commonly known as PCA. The first person she meets at PCA is Chase Matthews. He fell off his bike because he was struck with love when he saw Zoey.

What I want to talk about is their friendship as the series progresses. I want to get to the bottom of "Did Zoey Brooks deserve Chase Matthews?" Let's take a look at some key details in their friendship. Their first interaction is Chase riding his bike by Zoey and saying "hey". He then falls off his bike and Zoey runs over to make sure he is okay.

Zoey and Chase become quick friends. Chase fell in love with Zoey the moment he saw her. Their friendship continues throughout the series until season 4 episode 13. Zoey finally finds out how Chase feels about her. She goes back to PCA after being away at a school in England. At the end of the episode, everything ends with the classic kiss.

Now that you know the small background of their relationship, I'm going to go into why I think Zoey doesn't deserve Chase. Zoey did care about Chase, but there were times when she didn't support him. For instance, when he was dating Rebecca, Zoey wasn't too supportive of the relationship. She had valid reasons, but if Chase wanted to be with Rebecca, Zoey should be understanding of it.

I simply feel like Zoey was hurting Chase more than anything. He was hiding his feelings for her for a reason. Now, he did try to tell her in the episode titled Spring Break-Up. She ended up not having her phone, so she never got the message. Chase lived with the pain of being friends with Zoey for so long.

When Zoey went to England for school, Chase was hurting even more. He was lashing out at his roommates. One day, Zoey was trying to video chat Chase and ended up seeing the fight Chase had between his roommates, Logan and Michael. He ended up admitting that he not only liked Zoey, but he loved her.

Zoey heard all of it and decided to return to PCA. She and Chase ended up sitting by the fountain on PCA's campus. They talked for a while. They then sealed it with a kiss. This is where my problem comes in. Zoey came back solely because she heard Chase say he loves her. While that is all the romantic that people love to see, I think it wasn't a great reason. She shouldn't have to come back because her best friend finally admitted how he felt.

My problem with this might be dumb, I don't know. What I will say is, regardless of the circumstances, I personally think it is a poor decision to leave because you think you might have "feelings" for someone. She could end up hurting Chase because he could end up feeling bad that she came all the way back to PCA because she overheard his secret.

Before you get your panties in a twist, please remember this is my opinion. You don't have to agree with me. I simply think Chase deserved someone who realized how great of a partner he would be. It took Zoey a long time and overhearing a conversation for her to realize it. It could be the friend-zone or how life works, but Chase deserved better.