Books You Should Read Based On Your Zodiac Sign

If you've never picked a book based on your zodiac sign, you're doing it all wrong.

414

Whether you love astrology or just need something new to read, below is a list I've complied of all types of books relating to certain zodiac signs and personality traits.

Aries (March 21- April 19): You Are A Badass

Aries are bold and adventurous, and dive headfirst into any challenges they encounter. A book that mimics these qualities is You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero. It is a self-help book that claims to give people a kick-start on how to embrace greatness and live an awesome life.

Taurus (April 20- May 21): Eat, Pray, Love

People whose zodiac sign is Taurus enjoy serenity and peaceful environments. Because of that, the book associated with this sign is Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Taking place in three serenely beautiful countries, Gilbert's novel guides readers through a story about personal identity and inner peace.

Gemini (May 22-June 21): The Nix

Geminis are known to be versatile, intelligent, and lively. Likewise, The Nix by Nathan Hill is a satirical story whose sarcasm and overall message about society and morality will make you laugh and break your heart at the same time.

Cancer (June 22-July 22): Me Before You

Cancers are emotional and loving - the perfect combo to enjoy JoJo Moyes's Me Before You. Known for its movie starring Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin, the book pours on the emotions even more as it comments on the meaning of life, love, and finding your purpose.

Leo (July 23- August 21): The Girl on the Train

Paula Hawkins's The Girl on the Train is perfect for Leos, who are enthusiastic, passionate people. The book is a psychological thriller that provides narratives from three different women about relationship troubles and binge drinking. It meshes perfectly with a Leo's sense of theatrics.

Virgo (August 22- September 23): The Old Man and The Sea

Despite his fame, Ernest Hemingway's writing style certainly isn't for everybody, as he is mostly known for his understated writing style. However, a Virgo - known for their intelligent, analytical, and modest traits- may find that they are able to see past what's at face value and discover this book for the profound and thought-provoking story about life that it is.

Libra (September 24-October 23): Life of Pi

Romantic, idealistic, and peaceful are three personality traits that a Libra is commonly associated with. Complimenting these aspects is Life of Pi by Yann Martel. It has become famous among readers for its use of philosophy and imagery used to create a fascinating story about faith, survival, and identity.

Scorpio (October 24- November 22): Scald

A series of poems by Denise Duhamel, Scald is just like a Scorpio: powerful, determined, intuitive. Commenting on the evolution of feminism and society from the 80's and onwards, Duhamel demands presence and attention from her readers regarding the social issues expressed in her book that make it extremely relevant in today's world.

Sagittarius (November 23- December 22): A Brave New World

Honest, straightforward, and philosophical are ways to describe a Sagittarius, as they are always on the quest for knowledge. Because of this, there is much to gain from Aldous Huxley's A Brave New World. It is a dystopian science fiction novel set in the future that, which challenges one's mind with concepts involving idealism and the dangers of a loss of freedom due to government intervention.

Capricorn (December 23- January 20): Nine Perfect Strangers

Ambitious and funny are two words that describe both Capricorns and Liane Moriarty's Nine Perfect Strangers. It is a locked-door mystery that leaves you on the edge of your seat until the very end, but it cuts some of the tension with extremely relatable humor.

Aquarius (January 21- February 19): Salvage the Bones

Jesmyn Ward's Salvage the Bones is a vivid story about culture, family, and humanity in the face of a disastrous situation - namely Hurricane Katrina. Through the perspective of a young teenage girl, Ward's story encapsulates the best traits of an Aquarius, meaning it is loyal, independent, and very humanitarian.

Pisces (February 20- March 20): The Alchemist

Pisces are considered sensitive and compassionate. Their symbol is two fish, which represent their divided attention between fantasy and reality. Such is the same for Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist. This fictional story quickly became a bestseller after it was translated from Portuguese to English due to its amazingly inspirational story. Balancing a simple narrative about a shepherd boy with a larger than life theme of religion and worldly purpose, Pisces will adore this extravagant and extremely emotional tale.