5 Things Girls Who've Never Had A Real Relationship Need to Know

You're perfect just the way you are.

202
https://odysseyimages.s3.amazonaws.com/cropped_BkrYNx3rM.jpeg

Hi, my name is Grace. I am 19, a sophomore in college, and I have never had a boyfriend.

You Don't Need a Man

Yes, I know. This is said over and over again. Coming from someone who wishes she had a mans to cuddle with, this is something I hold near and dear to my heart. It's a nice thought to have someone in your life to care for you and to snuggle with you when it's cold out, but in the grand scheme of things, you are a strong woman. You do not need a man to validate this.

Never Settle For Less  

Sometimes, I think to myself, "gee...are my expectations too high?" but then I remind myself I deserve the best. You do too. Don't just settle for someone because you want a boyfriend. It's not fair to you, and quite honestly, not to the guy either. He doesn't deserve to get strung along for the same reasons you don't deserve to be strung along. Be honest with yourself and be honest in your relationship .If he isn't treating you right, and I know it's hard, but leave the relationship. You matter just as much as your partner. You need to be happy in your relationship.

There is Nothing Wrong With You

This one is pretty self explanatory. You are you. You are a wonderful person, and if the men you have interacted with in your life don't see this, it is their loss. Keep being you, you wonderful, perfect person. You know you deserve the best. 

Chocolate is a Girl's Best Friend

Need I say more?

The Right Guy will Come Around

Eventually, we will no longer be perpetually single. We will be in relationships, we will date people, and some of us will be lucky to get the right guy on the first try. But, we also know that this almost never happens. One of the greatest pieces of advice my mom told me before I went to college was, "date a lot" not in a sleeping around type of way, but to see the guys that are out there, to understand what I need in a partner. It may take years to find the right person, but they are somewhere out there. Patience is a virtue. I know it sounds cheesy, that we all have "the one" but I believe we have several "the ones" in our lives, just at various stages.   

It can be hard to have literally been single your whole life, especially when you see people on Instagram and Facebook super happy with their significant other. But, at the end of the day, someone will come along to watch Disney movies at 2 AM with you. And when all else fails, adopt a dog or cat and eat a bunch of chocolate.