Unpopular Opinion, But Your YouTube Vlog Is Probably A Waste Of Time

Sorry, not sorry.

1301

Every time the topic of YouTube vlogs come up, I am lost. I barely know any YouTubers, vlogs or anything along those lines. I don't watch them ever. People always tell me I should check out certain channels or stars but I just can't get on the wave. When I tell people that I don't have an appreciation for it, they are shocked, but I am okay with not watching them.

To me, YouTube vlogs are a waste of time.

Hear me out. I know I may be shunned by others for this, but why would you waste your time watching someone else's life? I don't get why people care so much about what others are doing in their lives. Why care? Wouldn't you rather be doing something else that benefits your goals in life?

Here's a huge problem I have with vlogs... they are unrealistic. No one vlogs about the bad times in their lives because people don't want to see that. People want to see the happy go lucky stuff and that is not how life is all the time. Of course, you want to show off the good stuff happening in your life, but no one goes running around telling people all the crappy stuff that is happening in their life?

I'm sorry, but who cares?

This just is my personal opinion obviously. Maybe it's because I wasn't raised like that or maybe it is a generation thing, but I don't get it. It just seems incredibly pointless and a waste of time to me. Sorry, not sorry. Why waste your time idolizing others lives when you can idolize yourself?