6 Types Of YouTubers That Will Change Your Life, And Who To Start Watching Now

Their videos range from beauty and fashion advice, to living a healthy life and everything in-between.

3616
VSCO

When I think back to my very first YouTube subscriptions, my mind floods with memories of Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus and Jesse McCartney. Like many tweens of the early 2000s, I dreamed of becoming either Justin or Jesse's girlfriend and becoming YouTube famous myself. This obsession with YouTube only grew as I got older.

It was during high school that YouTube's charismatic beauty and lifestyle gurus became my newfound center of attention. With each click of a link, I was connected with an "expert" on everything from beauty, to fashion, to room decor. Macbarbie07 always knew how to redecorate a room for every holiday or walk me through a DIY craft to suit any situation, BeautyAddict101 inspired me to purchase every Lush product possible and MakeupbyMandy24 taught me how to stylishly dress myself all throughout my challenging middle school years.

Now, as an 18-year-old college student, I watch everything from vlogs and lifestyle videos to beauty and fashion videos. Not going to lie, I watch YouTube more than I watch Netflix.

Here are my recommendations on who to watch and why.

1. Beauty gurus

Of course I could have listed Jaclyn Hill or Carli Bybel here; after all, they are undisputed YouTube beauty experts. I am an OG viewer of both and I follow their advice daily. However, I wanted to give some love to two of YouTube's up-and-coming beauty experts who provide valuable content.

Tina Halada and Daisy Marquez both pour their hearts into their content. Their videos range from everyday makeup looks, going-out makeup looks and colorful, bold makeup looks. But the one thing I enjoy most about them is how real they are. If they don't like a product, they give an honest review. If they are being paid to review a product, they make no apologies, they are up front and they announce that fact at the beginning of the video. Plus, their style is unreal.

2. Outfit inspiration

I started watching Paige Secosky a few years ago when she was in high school. Back then, her style was like any other typical high school girl. That all changed when she moved to New York. She now attends the Fashion Institute of Technology and has a daring sense of style. If you are looking for bold, designer-inspired looks for a reasonable cost, she is your go-to girl. She knows how to style anything from a pair of trendy red leather pants to a simple two-piece jogger set.

Tasha Farsaci attends the University of Southern California and provides quality content that highlights her unique sense of style. If you want to know how to style all of your trendy outfit pieces, she is definitely the one to watch. You can always count on her to show you how to style anything from game-day outfits to cute, trendy looks.

3. College vloggers

Where do I even begin with Danielle Carolan? She is the most down-to-earth, genuine person you will find on YouTube. Her "Day In My Life" vlogs feature all of her adventures at the University of Georgia. You can always count on Dani to take you around campus to all of her classes, hang with her roommates or talk about her Kappa Delta sorority events. If you are looking for someone to motivate you to make the most out of your days and to become a better person, then I suggest her vlogs. On top of this, she also provides quality content that focuses on advice, fashion and beauty.

I have never related to someone as much as I do with Keaton Milburn. From her love of beauty and fashion to her obsession with photo shoots and her love for family, I adore watching her videos. She has two channels, a vlog channel and one with more structured content. Both are amazing! Keaton attends Arizona State University and mainly vlogs about her daily life as a Sun Devil.

4. Lifestyle

Olivia Rouyre is one of my favorite lifestyle gurus at this moment. She provides a wide range of videos including one of my favorites, "What I Eat In A Day." Her many other videos focus on super relevant beauty and fashion tips. Her closet is to die for! She always looks SO nice. She has created an amazing career at such a young age and I applaud her for that. I also suggest watching the channels that feature her friends including, Ellie Thumann, Hannah Meloche and Tatiana Ringsby.

5. Health and fitness

Tori Sterling provides amazing motivational content to inspire a healthy lifestyle. At the young age of 19, Tori will be opening stRIDE, a spin and fitness studio, this coming August. Her content also focuses on the many ways to eat healthy and maintain a healthy weight with recipes that are dairy free, but she is NOT vegan. Tori has helped me change my habits and lead a healthier life.

6. Just for a laugh

Emma Chamberlain, I love you. I do not even know where to start. I have not found anyone like her who has made me laugh so hard on a daily basis. Yes, her videos are the most random events, but she always know how to make the best of every situation. From making gross lemon cake cupcakes to thrifting, Emma will always give you a good laugh.

Whether looking for solid advice pertaining to beauty, fashion or a healthy lifestyle, or when looking to break up the monotony of a long day with a laugh, YouTube may be the place for you.