10 YouTube Channels With Videos I Watch More Than Once

Your eyes would pop as much as the Solomon Islanders' eyes in the headline photo.

47
YouTube

These videos uniquely mix informative and aesthetic content into an addictive connection which gives me more than one reason to watch them. This is definitely important if the reasons are to entertain and educate.

As for political opinions, although I do not completely agree with all of them, none of these YouTubers have this dogmatic attachment and understand the complexities within the human sphere.

1. Brows Held High (Kyle Kallgren)

It is interesting seeing the references of old art being used with a modern twist. Kallgren offers brilliant insight into any topics involving avant-garde films or William Shakespeare's plays, by making connections that are not usually seen, whether it has to do with the common speech inspired by Shakespeare's literature or translating his plays into different languages.

2. ContraPoints (Natalie Wynn)

Specifically, I am more fascinated by Natalie's more recent videos, which are when she was transitioning her gender and when she started relying more on the trippy effects of the colored lighting and the dynamics of her complex characters personifying any part of the political spectrum.

Although there are long skits, what makes them appear less time-consuming is the use of lighting and props that make the experience about as interesting as the topics themselves.

3. Geography Now! (Paul Barby)

It's time to include Geography...NOW!

This is an ambitious project including a collaboration from many types of people, from many vocational and cultural backgrounds. What makes this channel so fascinating is how Paul is able to elaborate on these countries as though they were individuals with unique relationships and personalities.

4. Jim Sterling

Coupling gameplay footage with his undying devotion to the consumers, Sterling manages to criticize the TRIPLE A gaming corporations whenever they actively take advantage of their products' cult followings. He relates this information alongside his raunchy humor.

5. NativLang (Joshua Rudder)

Rudder may be the only YouTuber who can actually make linguistics into a fun topic to learn about. That should tell you something when would be typically viewed as a very dry topic. Whether it includes 2D or 3D animation, what really matters is how the linguistic information is easily explained.

6. TEDx Talks

There is a lot of in-sight when it comes to TED talks, especially when it is a subject you are interested in. They can definitely blur the distinction between creative and scholarly work, when searching for many topics to learn about. This particular video encapsulates it because I think the subject is intricate in itself and the presenter has a lot of energy.

7. Terrible Writing Advice (J.P. Beaubien)

I already wrote an article about Beaubien, but what I didn't discuss further was how addictive his content can be. What can truly make these videos so entertaining is how relatable they are to any writer who may have encountered mistakes in the past, as well as the simple yet effective still animations that illustrate the tropes that he talks about.

8. Rousseau

If you have ever wanted to know what that classical song was but was unable to find out what it was or how it is played, then I would highly suggest Rousseau. She plays these songs on the piano with the keynotes being shown in various colors. She not only plays classical songs but also covers modern songs in a piano version.

9. Overly Sarcastic Productions

What makes these videos unique are the hand-drawn 2D still animations which can show the candid, organic nature of the channel. The narrators summarize plays and historical events with humorous and sarcastic acting (thus the title of the channel).

10. Thug Notes (Greg Edwards)

This is a special shout-out to my homeboy, Dr. Sparky Sweets!

In delivering the summary and the scholarly discussion about the particular piece of literature, Edwards uses a lot of slang for humorous effect. This is definitely what makes the reading humorous and insightful.