Yours Truly

Procrastination is a virus that almost all college students catch, and nothing is worse than a writer with writer's block, so when it took me a whole two days before I even began to think about how I should start my very first article, I wasn’t surprised.

My stalling was unintentional, I swear! One minute, my head is filled with great ideas for my writing, creating clever sentences that have the potential to be entertaining. In the next, I am opening and closing my mini fridge slowly to see if I can catch the light go out before the door shuts.

In reality, I understand that I am the only one to blame when it comes to how I manage my time, but when Netflix finally releases the second season of my favorite show, Stranger Things, after I’ve been waiting for over a year, I can’t blame myself for indulging.

Now that you know a little bit about my biggest flaw, let me introduce myself! My name is Sara Petroziello, and I am journalism and professional writing major at The College of New Jersey. I have a passion for writing, and I am extremely excited to create content for Odyssey!

I have a wide interest in many topics, and there will no doubt be a variety of subjects in my articles. One topic that I am particularly interested in is music. You can find me listening to anything from classic rock to today’s alternative, and everything in between!

Getting the chance to have my voice heard is really important to me. The fact that there is a place where young writers can come together and publish their own work that means something to them is astounding. I am thrilled to have this opportunity, and I can’t wait to get started!