Dear God

Dear God

A letter from a broken and hopeless sinner who's running to God.

7
Dear God
Odyssey

God, I don't even know where to begin...

I've made so many mistakes in my life and there have been countless times where I've thought that I knew what was best. None of my friends or family know about every single one of my failures or thoughts, but you do God. You know every little secret I'm too scared to tell, you know every reason behind my actions, you simply know every detail about me, and quite honestly, that's scary. Knowing everything about me would make the average person cringe and look at me with the utmost-judgment, but you're not the average person. You're God. You look at me and say, "Jordan, I know what you've done. I know every detail, but that doesn't matter because I love you."

How? How could you love somebody like me? I've done so much. I've been selfish, lustful, a hypocrite, a liar, and God I could keep going on, but I'm sure you know all of this. So how can you love this? A dirty, broken down sinner with a troubling past.

Your response, "None of that matters. It doesn't matter how broken you are or how many times you've messed up because I'm always going to love you. Your past is over and done with so stop dwelling on all the regrets. Repent and follow me."

You're right... I'm sorry God. I'm done trying to run from you. I'm tired of trying to do this on my own. I repent of everything I've done and I'm going to do everything I possibly can to live completely for you God. I'm tired of dwelling on the past. I'm tired of putting things above you. I'm ready to give you my all God, and live my life completely devoted to you.

Thank you God for your everlasting love and never-ending grace for me. I don’t deserve any of it God, but yet you still give it to me anyway. Thank you.

Sincerely,

The Redeemed Sinner

I know there are some of you that will read this and automatically think this is about me, but that's not exactly true. I didn't write this so that people would pity me. I wrote this because I know there are people who feel this exact same way. They feel so far from ever being forgiven. They feel like that they're so filthy and those no way God would ever accept someone like them. Now I relate completely with this letter. I've felt this way and still feel this way from time to time, but then I stop and remember that God loves me and He loves you more than anything. I understand that there aren't going to be thousands of people read this, but for those who do, always remember that you will never be too broken for God. You can always find comfort in His arms. Maybe you've wandered from Him, but God will never forget about you, He will always be there waiting with His arms wide open.

The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger forever. He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us. (Psalm 103:8-12 KJV)