You’re Here Now, October

You’re Here Now, October

6
You’re Here Now, October

I have the pictures on my wall, you know, the ones from that day on the beach. The sun had left tiny brown kisses on my skin like they belonged there. There’s even that one where you can see the ocean water dancing around my ankles, begging me to stay within it’s reach. I think that’s my favorite.

But, I just heard you walk in a little while ago. I felt you’re cool fingertips on the back of my neck just five minutes ago. I can tell because my skin is covered in goosebumps.

I know you’re finally here now, October.

Oh, how i’ll miss cold lemonade in the summer. But I think I like the dark brew coffee with the hazelnut cream we love, a little more. It goes well with those promises we make to each other around this time every year.

The ones that wrap us in a cinnamon dream of adventure and youth. “Go. Dance in the leaves that are falling from the trees, like tears of happiness” you’d whisper. How I want to run outside every time.

That’s how you make me feel. Like the end of anything can be a beautiful promise.

Promise.

That we’ll be young. That we’ll love so hard that our leaves will shed from our eyes. That our colors will be vibrant and our skin tainted. That we’ll need to wrap ourselves up, quickly, in order to contain the heat of our passion.

Isn't that what you’re writing with your breath on my lips, right now?

I can feel you, inches from me. And I know you’re only temporary but, damn. You’ve barely just laid on my bed, but you’re the most beautiful promise of an end.

But for now i’ll make you coffee and get lost in your falling eyes. I know one thing is for certain.

You’re here now.