A Reminder That You WILL Be OK

You're Struggling And You Need A Pep Talk — I Got You

It's all going to be ok, just hear me out.

1355

Everyone at some point in their teenage years may think they're going through a midlife crisis. Well, honey, your life has just begun and there are a lot more midlife crisis moments where that came from.

Take a deep breath — your life isn't crumbling.

Did you just start college and the stress is finally catching up? Know you're not alone. So many other new college students are going through exactly what you are, and that's OK! College is a time for you to learn how to be on your own and learn how to manage your time. It is about finding the balance in your life between school, extracurricular activities and your social life. Fear of missing out? Don't. You come first, there will always be another party or another event going on all year long. You're not missing anything, you're getting ahead of the game. Go you!!

Did you just get your heartbroken by the boy you thought you would marry? Yeah, it happens to us all. Well, most of us. The good news is that you will find someone even better than the last and you WILL find the one you are going to marry. Your worth is not defined by a boy. Let me repeat that for the ones in the back, your worth is not defined by a boy. Yeah, companionship is great. Having someone is great, but you know what else is great? You! Embrace yourself and your worth and take the time to find the deep love you have for yourself. It is said if you go searching for someone, it is unlikely you will find them. Let it happen naturally. There is absolutely no rush for finding someone. Especially if you're young — you have so much time left! Enjoy it! Live your life to its fullest and let life take its course. If he's meant to be in your life, he'll find his way back in it. And if not, then he was just not meant for you. Truth hurts...yes I'm quoting Lizzo's song but like...she's right, truth DOES hurt.

Did you lose a loved one? Family member, close friend, anyone in your life? You have probably heard this a million times by now, but they're in a better place. The stages of grief are real. In no order, in no time, in no particular reasoning either, you will experience all five stages. And trust me when you get to the acceptance, the sadness fades and life gets a little more bearable. That doesn't mean you forget about them, but the pain of them being gone does get easier. For those who believe in spiritual signs, you may notice quite a few of them, and that is truly something to live for. The smallest things will remind you of them and you'll catch yourself smiling at the thought them. Cherish those memories and all the times you shared with them. They are always looking out for you from above. They are proud of you. They love you. They can't wait to see the big things you do in life. They miss you too. And one day, you will see them again.

Are you simply just sad? For what seems like no reason at all? Yeah. We feel that. That's OK. You don't necessarily need to know but there is an underlying reason for it. If you've built up a bunch of emotions for quite a while they will come out in the most random times because your body was made to feel things. You're human. Humans have feelings they are supposed to express. Express it. Let it out. It's OK to cry. Whoever told you that you shouldn't cry is simply just not as strong as you are. Free your emotions from your body and let the tears wash them away. I promise you will feel relieved. Not everyone is going to be happy 100% of their life. That is part of living. You're not alone. You're going to be OK, people are here for you.

The key to happiness? That, my friend, may differ for everybody. Find your key. Unlock your happiness. Be happy.

Do you feel like you will never be happy again? That you're going to feel this way forever? Take it from me, who has been through hell and back and gone through too many things that I would never wish upon anyone:

It. Gets. Better.

You learn to love yourself and embrace who you truly are. The rough patches in your life are simply bumps in the road. Life isn't a straight path, there will always be bumps, big and small, that you will have to face. And it's how you face them that determines the outcome. Coping with these struggles may be the biggest part of overcoming what you're going through. Keeping yourself optimistic and keeping your head high will also make the bad times so much more bearable. Don't hinder your life once something bad happens because it will only hold you further back. Go out. Do things you have never done before. Explore the outdoors (nature is your best friend!!!). Know you're not alone. You are NOT the only one struggling. Time changes everything, and with time comes new possibilities and new experiences. There is nothing in this world that you cannot do. Be yourself and never give up.

You are loved. Hang in there.

If you take anything from reading this, know that you are not defined by your struggles. They made you who you are. Learn from them. Grow from them. Let them strengthen you. Everything happens for a reason, and even when the time is right, you will know why that reason is. But until then, keep living. Be you.