Your Vote Matters, So Do It
Politics

Your Vote Matters, So Do It

People say that their vote doesn't matter, but they are so wrong.

78
Your Vote Matters, So Do It
Bluejersey

Ever since I turned eighteen years old, there has been one thing in particular that I’ve always looked forward to. It’s something that cemented the fact that I was an adult (or becoming an adult). That was the fact that I got the chance to vote and have my voice be heard. The only major issue is that not everyone sees it like that. Countless times I’ve heard someone say that their vote doesn’t matter or that they don’t care what happens in the future. Well, my friends, that is the wrong way to look at it. Actually, if we all did go out and vote together we would make a bigger impact. Especially the younger generations. We as a people have more power than we give ourselves credit for. We just have to realize it.

If there is a bully on the playground that steals everyone’s lunch money or beats people up but still gets away with it, then he’s seen as a tyrant. This one person seems to have so much power over everyone else because everyone is scared of him. Things would be a lot different if everyone realized that they outnumber him. Together, they can put him in his place and not have to deal with it anymore. The same goes for voting.

It doesn’t really matter who you want to be president or who your friends want, so long as you get out and vote! Even today, in this seemingly crucial election, I’ve heard people say that they don’t know who they want to vote for. Well, you’d better hurry up and look at what’s going on and make a decision. I don’t want to hear or see a single person complain about the law changes or who the next president will be unless you actually went out and voted for something.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F11%2F06%2F636140681158604261-1729101321_636140505437722925476211260_tumblr_ob0d91YEb91qa4l1ko3_540.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=58&h=0af657867103faa61829479c874dcdde43734e038895a6858aeb5b5a94fd5640&size=980x&c=2228723993 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F11%252F06%252F636140681158604261-1729101321_636140505437722925476211260_tumblr_ob0d91YEb91qa4l1ko3_540.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D58%26h%3D0af657867103faa61829479c874dcdde43734e038895a6858aeb5b5a94fd5640%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2228723993%22%7D" expand=1]

In my mind, you have no right to say anything unless you did something proactive. That’s like seeing your friend get a new car and telling them how to decorate, drive, or where to go. It’s not your place unless you put in money for the car or bought it for them.

Now, I normally don’t get into political things, but this is just too important. There are so many things other than a president that we have to vote for. Make sure that you’re all doing the homework and reading carefully. Not only that, make sure you watch that machine! I’ve seen ABC’s "Scandal," and I know you can vote for one person but it is rigged to vote for someone else. Make sure to keep an eye out, don’t just press a button and go. Watch what you’re doing!