Your Top 7 Goldendoodle questions answered by a reputable breeder

61

Ok, so you've heard so much about Goldendoodles already. You've seen a colleague at work brag about how their doodle keeps them company at home. On the news, you've heard Donald Trump talking about bringing one into the White House. Even on Facebook, people post a lot of too-good-to-be-true stories about Goldendoodles, and now you can't help but wonder, "are these things really true about this breed of dog?" "Can Goldendoodles really do all these things people say?

Well, you're not alone! Many pet lovers like you also open their mouths with astonishment when they hear the number of things an average F1 Miniature Goldendoodle can do.

It is in this light that ABCs Puppys Zs decided to create this detailed 7-question-guide to answer some of the most pressing questions that people have about Goldendoodles.

Read and enjoy. Hopefully, you'll find the answer to your Goldendoodle mystery in the guide!

#1 Are Goldendoodles really guest-and-kid friendly?

YES, they are! Strange as that may sound for a dog, it is the truth. Goldendoodles are really human-friendly, guest or no-guest, kid or adult, man or woman, they just love the company of humans. It is just their fundamental personality to leap for joy when a friend comes visiting for the first time.

Of course, they may bark in a low-tone when a guest first arrives, you shouldn't bet against them rubbing their furs against your jean before you leave. Don't believe that? Visit the home of a friend who has a mini Goldendoodle to see for yourself!

They are wonderful family pets, and if bred by a breeder who raises dogs in a family-friendly environment, you can expect your doodle to grow up with a strong sense for human company.

#2 Can Goldendoodles really tell when their owners need comforting?

Oh, you have no idea! This is, in fact, one of the things they do best. Just by staring at their owner, Goldendoodles can tell the state they are in, and if they find that they need comforting, they're more than happy to move closer and cheer you up.

As a mix of two of the most intelligent dogs alive (Poodles and Golden Retrievers), it is only logical that Goldendoodles exhibit this level of sensitivity and intelligence. According to a clinical obedience trial conducted by Stanley Coren, The Intelligence of Dogs, it was established that a Poodle and a Golden Retriever are the 2nd and 4th most intelligent dogs in the world.

#3 Can Goldendoodles really solve puzzles

Thanks to their high-intelligence, their problem-solving skills are unrivaled by any breed of dog out there. Don't believe me? Just get a great puzzle toy for your mini doodle and watch them squash the basics!

#4 Is it true they require minimal training?

You don't need a degree in dog training to groom a Goldendoodle. Their trainability and ease of learning is just innate. So even when you're lax in your training, your golden doodle dog can remember the commands you gave him during the last training, and use those commands to proceed in today's training.

Thanks to their kind demeanor and intelligent personalities, they're a fast learning breed of dog, easily picking up multiple commands with proficiency, and making life easy for first-time dog trainers.

#5 Are they really expensive?

Well, that depends on what your definition of expensive is. However, when you consider the loads of perks that come with an average Goldendoodle, I wouldn't call them expensive. At $2,500+, you can get an 8-week old Goldendoodle pup with a health guarantee.

#6 Why are they used as support dogs?

Goldendoodles can comfortably act as guides for people that need help and support, thanks to the fact that they got the brains of a Poodle and the loyalty and obedience of a Golden Retriever. Typically, they're made to serve as companions for:

• Hospital patients
  • People in nursing homes
  • Elderly hospice residents
  • Blind people
  • Indisposed or physically challenged people

#7 Are they really good for the health?

Goldendoodles are actually good for anyone's health. They naturally enjoy spending time outside, walking, playing, swimming, and doing all sorts of engaging activities. This, in turn, helps anyone supervising them to stay active.

Not to forget that a recent study revealed that dog owners walk 22 minutes more per day than those who don't own dogs. That's enough to improve your cardiovascular health.